Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   radiator fan relay (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/radiator-fan-relay-2261/)

rcorbett 12-03-2006 06:23 PM

radiator fan relay

The fan motor on our '96 T&C stopped running and I'd like to know where the radiator fan relay is located in the van.

Thank you,
R.Corbett

nithawk2000 12-04-2006 11:20 AM

RE: radiator fan relay

the fan relay is located on the frame near the bottom of radiator on drivers side its square with several wires connected to it. i have a 97 t&c thats where its at on mine. Unplug the relay and look for any burnt looking prongs in the wire harness if any found replace the harness plug with a new one. relay can be tested to see if its still good. my harness plug had bad prongs replaced it and fan worked just fine. hope this helps.

rcorbett 12-04-2006 06:56 PM

Dear Nithawk,

Thank you for your fast reply. I will appreciate getting my van fixed as I have been driving 4 other vehicles.

Regards,
R.Corbett

nithawk2000 12-05-2006 02:36 AM

Your quite welcome. If you do have to replace the relay its about $65.00 here at our parts store and the wiring harness end(plug) was around $28.00 but i got one(plug) from a salvage yard for $10.00 looked new too worked just fine. We really enjoy our t&c bought it back in march of 2006 and fan relay has been only thing i have had to replace runs and drives great. By the way there is a temp senser in the intake next to the thermostat housing that screws into it that is also part of the circuit for the fan relay its a 2 wire type so its easy to identify. I wasn't sure if i needed it tho but replaced it also but the old one i think was still ok but i replaced it anyway and it wasn't to expensive anyways just to be on the safe side i thought i might mention that also in case you have any more trouble with your fan coming on. let me know what you find out if thats ok. Good luck hope this helps you. Hawk

rcorbett 12-05-2006 08:39 AM

Thank you for that information; will let you know when it is repaired.

Regards,
R.Corbett

rcorbett 12-11-2006 11:48 PM

Nithawk,

We bought a new fan relay for $49.00 and harness plug for $10.00 at the salvage yard. My husband changed both of them today, now the fan motor is working fine and it shuts off when I take the key out. Thank you for responding to my first request for information, without it, we may not have known to change the plug out.

We have 213,000 miles on our van and it still runs smooth. I believe it will run over 300,000 miles, but I need to get an SUV since my kids are both driving now.

Regards,
R.Corbett

nithawk2000 12-12-2006 01:59 AM

i'm glad things worked out for you and your very welcome im glad i could help out a little, our van relay went out not long after we bought it and when i replaced it it still overheated so i did some checking around at the dealer and they told me about the plug prongs might have overheated and burned out or away from making contact with the relay prongs so i checked it and sure enough it was burnt thats when i bought a used one and installed it and fans worked just fine after that and we havent had any problems with van since. Again i'm glad to help out and good luck. Hawk