Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Really Cheap (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/really-cheap-1901/)

Rakr 09-12-2006 10:52 AM

Really Cheap

Also brand new to Chrysler - I just bought a Town and Country.
Two questions - is there no coin holder? Really need one.

Second - The van was less than 1/8 of a tank full of gas when I picked it up.
I complained to dealer and the dealer basically said tough.

This is terrible.. No matter how much I like the Van I just cannot recommend a company that
doesnt deliver a 30k vehicle with a full tank of gas. It certainly implies they cut corners wherever
they could. Twenty six months to go.

Sign,
Really annoyed. - Chrysler - Never Again!

brandoncrone 09-21-2006 07:27 PM

RE: Really Cheap

No, newer vans don't have coin holders, I use the part where the ash tray would be. Its not Chrysler fault you didn't get more than a 1/8 of a tank of fuel. Thats a dealer thing and if they aren't decent enough to fill you up on your new van, maybe you should find another dealer.

Rakr 09-27-2006 10:41 AM

It is Chrysler's fault. I called their help line and they do now want to get involved.
This would never happen with an Odyssey. Honda cares too much about their reputation to
tell the customer its not their problem. I bought a Chrysler car not a "dealer car".

brandoncrone 09-28-2006 12:40 AM

You dont seem to understand, vehicles are not shipped with more than 1/4 tank of fuel due to liability reasons. You look at the fuel level on a brand new precious Honda fresh off of the truck and most likely the low fuel light would be on. Dealers are responsible for the final fill up, its even on the predelivery checklist, fill up the fuel tank.

What a petty thing to get ticked off about

Rakr 09-29-2006 10:42 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way. I feel like thats my $50. and I got screwed. I will not buy another Chrysler. The company should consider their customers not just say tough - deal with the dealer.
You think I would recomend Chrysler after this experience - you are wrong.

The van has no coin holder, no locking gas cap - no latch entry on rear door. It exudes cheapness.

Never again

justcauz 10-07-2006 03:55 PM

No locking gas cap?
Dose the van still have the trap door that you need to pull a lever inside to open.
If it dose then why would you need a locking gas cap? Go buy one at a parts store
I agree with the full gas tank but that is/ was the dealer’s fault they get a kick back from Chrysler to finish the checklist and do any necessary fixes they could have left at the factory.
You want to be mad at Chrysler, be mad about crappy transmissions and low quality electrical systems.
Coin holder? What else is an ashtray is good for?

justcauz 10-07-2006 03:56 PM

All the things you mention you did not look at before you purchased the vehicle?
Sounds to me you should be mad at your self, they never changed or removed these things after you signed the contract.

Rakr 10-24-2006 04:34 PM

Never looked for a coin holder as usually they are standard. Also I never before bought a van that did not have a locking door cap for the gas. It may seem to you whatever but I just talked my friend out of buying one. I
strongly recommended the Sienna instead. I have 25 months left with this piece of crap and I will not buy a Chrysler again. Nor would I ever recommend one.

Additionally I blasted the Manfredi dealership for delivering a vehicle with the gas light on.
Think about it for just a few gallons of gas they could of gotten a much better satisfaction rating
and another customer.

kevinc 10-25-2006 09:54 PM

You are a loser, if you blame the dealer for the things you should have noticed and should have mentioned to them!!!! It is YOUR responsibility to be 100% happy with the vehicle YOU bought, if you are not happy with it only having 1/8 tank of gas, why did you drive it off the lot. I would have told the dealer, fill it or lose my money. Simple issues, besides not many minivans come automatically with a locking gas door, coin holder I can see however mine came with one. If you don't like a vehicle because of your mistakes, don't buy anymore, start walking or using public transportation, but quit wasting our time for YOUR mistakes!

Rakr 10-27-2006 12:16 PM

Actually Chrysler is the loser. The Minivan has been in the shop three times for the same problem.
The same dealership that ripped me off is now ripping off Chrysler with multiple billings.
I hope they bill them for alot of money. Every single fault I find with the van is going back to the shop.
By the time the van goes back off the lease it will be a neg. to Chrysler. Its been in the shop three days in six weeks. If Chrysler doesnt want to get involved then let them at least pay through the nose. You should of seen
the survey I took.