Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Recently, the headlights would only flash, when turned on (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/recently-headlights-would-only-flash-when-turned-29585/)

bill440cars 07-01-2018 04:02 PM

Recently, the headlights would only flash, when turned on

Then, they would flash ever so often & couldn't get them to stay on. I tried unplugging the left headlight bulb, with no change. I tried unplugging the headlight switch, as I read somewhere, that it could cause the system to reset and work. It didn't help. Now, they don't even come on. The further I go, the more it seems like I truly bought someone else's issues. But, I am bound and determined to get things settled, Hopefully. I don't have the owner's manual, so I don't even know which fuse (or maybe relay) this is for the headlights & it is hard for me to read the information inside the fuse box. So, any help on this, would be greatly appreciated. And if it helps, to know, when I first turn the lights on, the headlights flash a few times and then nothing. It's the high beams too, the low beams never come on. Plus, I don't have a good Owner's Manual & can't figure out where the fuses are, for the headlights and I assume there is at least 1 headlight relay or are the headlights run through the vehicle's computer and not need a relay? Been into a lot of different things, over the years, but some of these issues with this van, are really testing me. So, I need an assist, to point me in the right direction, so I can take care of this problem. Thanks.

BTW, I forgot to include that this is a 2008 Town & Country LX, 3.3L V-6 model.

bill440cars 07-02-2018 02:01 PM

Headlight Issue, on my Wife's 2008 Town & Country

I am managing to take care of some issues on my Wife's 2008 Town & Country. Main one I am still dealing with, is the headlight issue. I tried looking up the headlight switch, online, at O'Reilly's, Rock Auto & Autozone & None seemed to show exactly the switch that this van has. They kept showing one w/ a push button for the dome lights & also had the Fog Light Feature. Today, I finally got my eyes opened and the Manager at the local O'Reilly's found the exact switch listed as for a 2009 model (That possibility completely aliped my mind) and there it was. Only thing is, theirs was $101.00, before taxes & freight & was going to be around $125.00 or so. So, I checked at the local Dodge Dealer, with my new found info & their price was $85 & $101.00. So, it is supposed to be in tomorrow.

bill440cars 07-03-2018 10:48 AM

Lights Flash A Few Times & Don't Stay On-Not The Switch

I tried unplugging the left headlight & plugging it back in, as I found someone had suggested & that didn't work. I just got back from picking up a headlight switch and That didn't help either. So, looks like I have a Spare headlight switch, as they don't usually take back electric components (and I don't blame them, as they can't tell if the customer messed up the new part or not, but now I am out $93.59, that I could have put to better use otherwise). I don't have a decent owners manual, to tell where a headlight relay is, if they still use them now & I can't tell where the fuse might be, for the headlights, to check that. So now, since no one seems to have anything to offer, I am going to go through the entire light system (including bulbs, checking everything I can find, that might be included in this system. So, if anyone who happens to read this, has any ideas or experience with this issue, input would be appreciated. Thank you.

bill440cars 07-04-2018 12:33 PM

Well folks, I thought I had done everything that was suggested and got to the point of thinking I needed another TIPM. And I sure wasn't looking forward to spending more money.
Besides checking in with you all, I had also messaged a Facebook Mopar Friend, who has provided me with very helpful info, in the past, which helped and saved me money, but eliminated several problems, over the past 2 or 3 yrs or so. And once again, he came up with some info & posted it to me, in a message. And suddenly, I felt the need to go back and reread his info and stopped, when I reached the part where it said to check and clean up all grounds. I thought I had done all, but then his comment added, "Especially the one below the TIPM" And I realized I had not done that one. So, I got what I needed, went out this morning, worked that one over, put it back together and, even tho I wasn't very enthusiastic, I turned the lights on and thought I was seeing things, when I looked at lights reflecting into the paint on my GTX, that was sitting crossways a little ways away from the front of the van. I even walked up to the front of the van and looked and saw the lights were on, they stayed on, they did not flash! I thanked God, closed up the van & started putting my tools up.

So, IF anyone has the same problem or I guess any problem with their lights, check & clean the grounds, especially under the TIPM.

Have a Happy 4th Of July & Celebrate Our Independence! I know I can more easily relax now.
And Thank you, to all who posted up on here. Catch you later on, Bill