Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   remote control stopped working (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/remote-control-stopped-working-16827/)

dutch bus 02-12-2012 04:18 PM

remote control stopped working

Hi Guy's,

I the proud owner of a 2005 grand voyager 2.8 CRD limited.
Besides the usual challenges like flat batteries and thermostats I now have a remote control that stopped working.

I removed the battery from the remote and went to get a new one. I used the spare remote instead. So after some time (couple of days) i placed the new battery in the remote and the thing does not work. Switched batteries with the spare remote and still nothing. Spare remote keeps working ok.

Does the remote needs to be initialized or programmed after some time without battery ?

Thanks,

Dutchie

QinteQ 02-12-2012 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by dutch bus (Post 58690)
Hi Guy's,

I the proud owner of a 2005 grand voyager 2.8 CRD limited.
Besides the usual challenges like flat batteries and thermostats I now have a remote control that stopped working.

I removed the battery from the remote and went to get a new one. I used the spare remote instead. So after some time (couple of days) i placed the new battery in the remote and the thing does not work. Switched batteries with the spare remote and still nothing. Spare remote keeps working ok.

Does the remote needs to be initialized or programmed after some time without battery ?

Thanks,

Dutchie

Have a read here Dutchie - see #14 & #15 in particular where it says "put key in ignition turn it 2 clicks once indicators flash twice, use fob to lock and open" - it worked for me my friend.

If that does not work the PCB in the fob may be Kerknockkerated !

tdannar 02-15-2012 09:52 AM

Are you referring to the remote for the locks and automatic doors? Our remote quite working along with the automatic lock swithches and automatic side door swithches. I did a lot of searching quite a while back and found that my problem was related to the body control module. I am able to pull a specific fuse and wait a few moments before putting it back in and the system resets itself. Sometimes we can go several weeks before it acts up again, sometimes just a few days. Simple process if this works for you. I will have to wait till I get home to see which fuse it was.

GTC12987 02-19-2012 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by tdannar (Post 58779)
Are you referring to the remote for the locks and automatic doors? Our remote quite working along with the automatic lock swithches and automatic side door swithches. I did a lot of searching quite a while back and found that my problem was related to the body control module. I am able to pull a specific fuse and wait a few moments before putting it back in and the system resets itself. Sometimes we can go several weeks before it acts up again, sometimes just a few days. Simple process if this works for you. I will have to wait till I get home to see which fuse it was.

I'm having issues with my locks not unlocking and doors not sliding open when using the remote control. Heck, I can't even use the door switches. What fuse did you pull to reset everything?

QinteQ 02-20-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by GTC12987 (Post 58969)
I'm having issues with my locks not unlocking and doors not sliding open when using the remote control. Heck, I can't even use the door switches. What fuse did you pull to reset everything?

- Fuse F14 - 20 Amp Yellow - in the 'fuse & relay box'
- see the picture in #5 for precisely [BLHS] where it is
- or look inside the lid of your fuse-box cover, you will find a diagram there

GTC12987 02-20-2012 07:31 AM

Thank you for the info. I will give that a try tonight.

GTC12987 02-20-2012 07:28 PM

I just tried it and it worked! All doors and locks are fully functional after I pulled the 20 Amp fuse. I waited for about 30 seconds and put it back in and Boo Ya! It worked.

Many thanks! :)

QinteQ 02-21-2012 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by GTC12987 (Post 59010)
I just tried it and it worked! All doors and locks are fully functional after I pulled the 20 Amp fuse. I waited for about 30 seconds and put it back in and Boo Ya! It worked.

Many thanks! :)

- Good ... you're sorted ... Pestilance, booke23 and others gave me that advice just a couple of weeks ago.