Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

05 T&C "Service Tire System"

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Default 05 T&C "Service Tire System"

Hello all,

I have an 05 Town & Country. I was to have new tires put on yesterday and they didn't get it done so the tech put the spare tire on. On my way home the tire light flashed 4 or 5 times & a message displayed on the information center to Service Tire System. I assumed it was because the spare doesn't have a sensor so I ignored it, dropped it off this morning to get the new tires & driving it home from the shop, the same thing happened, tire light flashed & the message displayed. I have started it 5 or 6 times since & the light/message remains. Is this something that needs a combination of actions taken to reset? Should it reset on it's own? Or is there now something else wrong with my van that I need serviced? The Owners manual is no help at all as it doesn't even show the warning message that I received as even being a valid TPS message???

Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 PM

Hi I am a new owner of a 2005 T&C Touring but I did find out on my older Caravan and my 89 Taurus, 87 Cherokee that some issues like sensors causing either Check Engine light to come on or even cause engine to run terrible even after Item is reconnected or replaced is to disconnect the negative battery cable for 1-5 min or so to reset that computer and any other electronic item that is having spastic issues.
I am just mentioning what I found on my vehicles that did not reset and function properly once issues was fixed, I have not actually attempted this with a newer Vehicle, I can't think of why that wouldn't fix your issue and I cannot think of anything that could be damaged by doing this, I know I was looking at a 2007 grand Caravan SXT 3.8 Litre that had a dead battery so basically when I was inspecting to see if all the accesories worked once I turned it offf it was the same as a disconnect and teh nect day it started and ran fine.
That is one reason I see no problems by attempting a (Hard Reboot) I believe thats what they call it when you disconnect power and wait a few minutes to reconnect as it sets everything that is not a locked or unwritable parameter back to factory or default setting

Please let me know how it goes as I may have an issue like this someday

Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 PM

I can't think of why that wouldn't fix your issue and I cannot think of anything that could be damaged by doing this,
It is simple to break a tire sensor while mounting or dismounting a tire. Service tire system means that the Skim controleer cannot read at Least one of the four sensors attatched to the ROAD WHEELS......If the spare is mounted in its position under the van...it doesnt count and is not monitored......(This was changed on Later model Jeeps and Some of the Chrysler/Dodge passenger vehicles)

That is one reason I see no problems by attempting a (Hard Reboot) I believe thats what they call it when you disconnect power and wait a few minutes to reconnect as it sets everything that is not a locked or unwritable parameter back to factory or default setting
All the power disconnect in the world is not going to rectify physical damage.....you mentioned elsewhere that you are into PRO-AUDIO.....

If your hard disc recorder freezes...you disconnect power or restart it....If you were to drop it down the stairs , resetting isnt really an option.....

Same Principle....

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 04-18-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:10 AM

LOL ya I was assuming that was already removed from the equation, I really need to back up a bit and assume that maybe no trouble shooting has been done
Thanks you for pointing that out though I will make sure to take 2 steps back from where I personally would be in the trouble shooting dept just in case.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Default Warning message reset

Well, I will assume that there was nothing broken and that the reset needed a certain number of checks to occur, the message no longer displays when I start the vehicle. I made quite a few stop & go trips this weekend & not once did the warning display. Thanks for your comments.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:14 PM

I have started it 5 or 6 times since & the light/message remains.
I missed that.....Starting it doesnt do anything...It has to be moving to relearn positions.

Sorry for the confusion