Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Run out of gas & wont Start (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/run-out-gas-wont-start-30413/)

Owensg 02-07-2019 05:23 AM

Run out of gas & wont Start

Hello Everyone, i run out of gas in my 2000 Chrysler town & country van after refilling the van wont start. The fuel pump is workng well. Please what can i do.
Regards.

REBEL59 02-07-2019 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Owensg (Post 109389)
Hello Everyone, i run out of gas in my 2000 Chrysler town & country van after refilling the van wont start. The fuel pump is workng well. Please what can i do.
Regards.

Did you try cycling the key to the run position(just dash lights, NOT crank) and wait for the fuel pump hum (about 3 seconds) and do it again, then give a SHORT crank. Then repeat the process, this will let the pump refill and pressurize the fuel lines to be able to start.
Other than that, you could try a short spray of starting fluid into the air intake.

Owensg 02-07-2019 11:56 AM

Yes i did cycling the key to the run position(just dash lights and wait for about 4seconds(4) before i crank. still did not start.

REBEL59 02-07-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Owensg (Post 109399)
Yes i did cycling the key to the run position(just dash lights and wait for about 4seconds(4) before i crank. still did not start.

Did you do it more than 1 cycle as your reply seems to indicate? Having run out of fuel, it takes a few times as I posted before trying to crank it over to start. There is a lot of fuel line to fill from the tank to the motor. If I'm not mistaken, there is a Schrader valve (test port) on the injector rail, you could take the stem cap off and press the valve(just like a tire valve stem) and see if any fuel sprays out. IF none does, then the pump has not moved enough fuel thru the lines yet.

Owensg 02-08-2019 07:58 AM

I did 4 circles before cranking and I’ve also press the schrader valve on the injector rail. There is fuel splashing out from the valve. i have repeat this process for a 2 days still wont start.

REBEL59 02-08-2019 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Owensg (Post 109413)
I did 4 circles before cranking and I’ve also press the schrader valve on the injector rail. There is fuel splashing out from the valve. i have repeat this process for a 2 days still wont start.

It would be helpful to know what size motor is in the van. And ANY other background performance "issues" it may have been having before this "run out of gas" situation happened. Has the CEL on the dash been on? IF you are getting fuel, then you must not be getting spark.
Did you try a small shot of starting fluid into the intake and see if it would fire off on that, as I initially posted?