Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Seat occupancy help please! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/seat-occupancy-help-please-29426/)

xtal_01 05-28-2018 07:42 PM

Seat occupancy help please!

I have a 2012 Grand Caravan that has been heavily modified by two different conversion companies back when it was new. My wife is in a wheelchair and we bought this new. Problem, both companies are 800 miles away and don't want to help. On top of this the local dealer told us he would look at any problems we have be really does not want to since he has no wiring diagrams (conversion company will not give him any either) and he really does not know a lot about this van. He "strongly" recommended taking it back the the guys who converted it.

Time for inspection and I have three errors .... I found one (for sure) error so far ... when the passenger seat is out, I get a occupancy error (Passenger Occupant Detector High). I probably had this error since new but inspector called me on it this time and said I must fix it (and in our state they report all errors to the state through a central system so you can't just got to another mechanic ... just started this last year).

I figured it out because I still have the original seats but the guy who converted the van put a jack on it to plug them in when they are installed.

Well they really can't go back in because the second conversion guy put a automatic wheelchair locking device right where the seat goes.

I left the seat in the back and plugged it in ... error goes away!

OK so how to I permanently jump out this circuit?

I have looked for seat wiring diagram everywhere and can't find one.

I am guessing it must be a NO (normally closed) switch since if it was NO (normally open ) switch it would not register an error when the seat was unplugged. Or maybe both a NO and NC switch so it is not easily fooled or ?

Can I just trace the wires from the switch (I am assuming it is a switch ... someone can confirm this) and short it at the jack to it looks like the seat is always not occupied?

Just FYI ...after a bunch of reading I did get a new code reader. An Autel MD808 Pro. $280 off amazon. I upgaded the program off their web site. It actually seems to work great. Found I had 19 modules in the darn van! Read the faults and lets me clear them. I am going to replace the clock spring that also has the steering wheel positioner as part of it (think this will clear up my other error code ... Driver Airbag Sqib 1 and 2 Open ... plus the traction light and alarm keep flashing on at random). I will need to calibrate it when I do. This scanner is suppose to to do this .... guess I will find out.

Thanks .... Mike