Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Speedo and rev counter have both stopped (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/speedo-rev-counter-have-both-stopped-2615/)

Jimbo Asprilla 02-20-2007 06:32 AM

Speedo and rev counter have both stopped

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 97 Chrysler Voyager SE (UK Model) and this morning both the speedo and revcounter needles have both stopped working.

Any suggestions as what the problem might be ???

Thanks in advance.

Jimbo Asprilla 02-21-2007 03:49 PM

RE: Speedo and rev counter have both stopped

I have tried the following proceedure:

SELF DIAGNOSTIC TEST
To activate self diagnostic program:

[*]With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP and RESET buttons.[*]While holding the TRIP and RESET button turn the ignition switch to the ON position.[*]Continue to hold the TRIP and RESET buttons until the word code appears in the odometer windows (about five seconds ) then release the buttons. If a problem exists, the system will display diagnostic trouble codes. If no problem exists the code 999 (End Test) will momentarily appear.[/ol]
DTC'S

110 Memory Fault in cluster
111 Calibration fault in cluster
905 No CCD bus messages from TCM
921 Odometer fault from BCM
940 No CCD bus messages from PCM
999 End of Codes

When I tried this I got a code of 999, which presumably is a signal signifying no fault ???

My dash then displayed 3 checks during which the fuel and temperature needles both went to there high and low limits and all the warning lights etc all illuminated, but alas neither my speedo or my rev counter needles moved.

Can anyone provide any help ???

CHRYSLER TECH 02-25-2007 04:22 PM

new cluster or if u want read in other posts about how to repair on your own solder a few points.

Jimbo Asprilla 02-26-2007 10:17 AM

The fault seems intermitent, as the speedo and rev counter are now working again.

I've got an Auto Electrician coming over on Thursday to check it out, I'll post any findings.

cstayl 03-22-2007 12:42 PM

Jimbo, I had the same problems in my '96 Grand Caravan. It was never resolved during my 8 years of ownership, because the dealer kept telling me I needed a new instrument cluster. Since it was so intermitent, I never went to that extreme. I traded it on a 2001 T&C so some other bloke is probably dealing with it now. It was fun to watch though...the gagues would just go crazy...flopping from zero mph to 120 mph...full tank to empty tank...I only wish it was coordinated with the music that I was playing at the time!

Jimbo Asprilla 03-22-2007 02:04 PM

For some reason the fault seems to have cured itself for the time being.