Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Throttle control, Traction control and check engine light is on (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/throttle-control-traction-control-check-engine-light-30579/)

BigTiff01 03-29-2019 06:45 PM

Throttle control, Traction control and check engine light is on

I have a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country with 188,000 miles on it. The throttle control light, Traction control light and check engine lights came on. It idles rough and runs rough. I have a P0300 misfire code on it and the crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunction code P0335. I just replaced the EGR valve and the crankshaft position sensor when it all happened thinking that it was the EGR valve, which had been bad. Code reader won't clear the codes and it also turns over for about 5-10 secinds before it'll start. I'm not an auto mechanic but I do somethings myself. I'm just stumped on what it could be. It runs and has most of the power still. Has anyone run into this issue before or heard of this happening before? Anything would help thanks.

REBEL59 03-30-2019 05:54 AM

You may want to focus on the P0335(crankshaft position sensor) code FIRST. The other lights may be due to the primary engine fault code.

BigTiff01 03-30-2019 08:44 AM

2010 Chrysler T&C

Thanks for your response to my question REBEL59. We replaced the crankshaft sensor and we still got that code. We checked all the wiring on it and it was all good. I think I forgot to mention that the van starts fine and runs fine sometimes, although it will stall out intermittently and then the lights come back on on the dash. Do you think it could be a broken wire some where in the electrical, maybe grounding or something?

REBEL59 03-30-2019 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by BigTiff01 (Post 110009)
Thanks for your response to my question REBEL59. We replaced the crankshaft sensor and we still got that code. We checked all the wiring on it and it was all good. I think I forgot to mention that the van starts fine and runs fine sometimes, although it will stall out intermittently and then the lights come back on on the dash. Do you think it could be a broken wire some where in the electrical, maybe grounding or something?

While I can't give you the direct "this will fix your problem" answer, there is more to fixing a code problem than just replacing a part in many instances. Since you've already replaced the crank sensor, yes the next step would be wiring check. Even looking up your code on the "web" will show diagnostic cause things to do to track down the cause of the code. The ECM is usually pretty reliable and first attempts should always be wiring and possible fuse panel issues...as I found with my 04 T&C for a horn not working.
I'm not that familiar with your later year, but re reading of the other warning lights still has my main thought to crank sensor issue(it is a primary engine control sensor), but the electronic throttle body(yours does not have a traditional throttle cable) may also be having some troubles also. Are you SURE you only get the 1 OBD11 P0335 code?

Just to help others along...what motor is in the van?

BigTiff01 03-30-2019 09:40 AM

2010 Chrysler T&C

Ok thanks again. I'll do some digging on the web.and see what I can find. I'll start checking all the wiring. Other than the P0335 I just get P0300 multiple misfire, but no other codes show up. It's had me baffled for a little while. I'm on vacation for the next week so I'll try and get it figured out.

REBEL59 03-30-2019 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by BigTiff01 (Post 110011)
Ok thanks again. I'll do some digging on the web.and see what I can find. I'll start checking all the wiring. Other than the P0335 I just get P0300 multiple misfire, but no other codes show up. It's had me baffled for a little while. I'm on vacation for the next week so I'll try and get it figured out.

While a crank sensor issue can lead to misfiring cylinders, there is also the possibility that injectors(fuel) may be not spraying correctly which will also cause misfires. As I said, the other warning lights may be due to main engine operation problems.
Good Luck! :)

Carlos Alarcon 04-05-2020 06:24 PM

Help please 08 chrysler town and country 3.8

Hey guys so i have a 2008 chrysler town and country and i am just boggled as to what my van is doing. Ok so as i am driving i will get an electronic throttle control (red lightning bolt) alert and will also pop up a traction control alert. My check engine light is on due to deleting the cats. I have replaced my electronic throttle. I am having diffuculty gettinf a new gasket for it so i uaed the old one and some silicone. But my van is still acting up. Where could i go from here?

CHRYSLER TECH 04-05-2020 06:38 PM

need the codes for the light first

moparski 04-16-2020 11:41 PM

try plugging off your PCV hose. Then drive to see if you get the red lighting bolt come on

Mkane1981 03-20-2022 09:47 PM

Find solution?

Originally Posted by Carlos Alarcon (Post 114082)
Hey guys so i have a 2008 chrysler town and country and i am just boggled as to what my van is doing. Ok so as i am driving i will get an electronic throttle control (red lightning bolt) alert and will also pop up a traction control alert. My check engine light is on due to deleting the cats. I have replaced my electronic throttle. I am having diffuculty gettinf a new gasket for it so i uaed the old one and some silicone. But my van is still acting up. Where could i go from here?

Did you figure out what the problem was? We just replaced the pcv valve and are now having the same problem.