Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Town and country double problem need help. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/town-country-double-problem-need-help-17232/)

ChryslerBob 04-01-2012 10:49 AM

Town and country double problem need help.

I have a 2009 Chrysler town and country. Roughly 80,000 miles on it. Anyways besides the hassles recalls and chronic problems most '08 and '09 owners have its been good to me

We took a family trip about 600 miles away a few days ago. Rode like a million bucks. On our way back yesterday. randomly the malfunctioning light came on 10 minutes from home. When we got home, I checked and found error codes p0218 and p0404. Vehicle felt same and had no visual or audio signs of any problems. Looked up codes on Internet. One is involved in the gas System the other in the transmission.

I have the Chrysler max care lifetime but I was 3000 miles late on last trannie flush but it was done. that was 10k miles ago anyway.

How likely is it that Chrysler would try to use that as a reason to not cover my repair? Or to void my warranty? Your experiences?

moe 04-01-2012 01:11 PM

Chrysler doesnt look at so called Flushes.the might look at your maintance records.make sure your trans is full when you go to the dealer.Moe

ChryslerBob 04-01-2012 05:07 PM

Well I've had the transmission services 10k miles ago anyway. I guess my main two issues are:

1) is it common that they void a warranty anyway? And if it was voided, and I had to pay for the repairs, would my warranty go back to being valid afterwards?

2) what is the likely cause in most peoples experience of those two error codes?

I seriously doubt they would try to screw me over being 3,000 miles late on a service.

TNtech 04-01-2012 05:14 PM

Just take it in. If you think the dealer you bought it from may be asses, then take it to a different one. Ourselves, we don't typically fight a warranty claim unless it completely obvious that there was abuse or foul play involved. Sometimes not even then.

ChryslerCares 04-03-2012 02:22 PM

Have to agree with TN Tech, Chrysler nor the dealer are "Looking" for opportunities to void or cancel your warranty.

My experience is that only if the vehicle is obviously neglected or abused or modified will maintenance receipts even be requested.

On a side note regarding "Flushes" of vehicle systems there is an actual TSB that addresses why they should NOT be flushed:

"Chrysler Group vehicle fluid systems do NOT require regular flushing. These systems include: engine oil, transmission oil, axle lube, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and refrigerant. The only exception to this requirement are published in the vehicle maintenance schedules, e.g. engine coolant.

Exceptions to this recommendation include only those instances where a failure has occurred and/or the system has become compromised, contaminated or overheated beyond the normal operating range.

Chrysler Group does NOT recommend aftermarket chemicals to flush the engine, transmission, brake or steering systems. Chemicals contained in these products can damage the system elastomeric components, and contaminate the component fluid, leading to loss of system/component durability and service life. When necessary, only the original approved system fluid should be used to flush these components using teamPSEŽ approved equipment.

If the engine coolant contains a considerable amount of sediment, clean and flush with Mopar Cooling System Flush, p/n 04856977, or equivalent. Follow with a thorough rinsing to remove all deposits and chemicals. Refill with a minimum of a 50% mixture of the specified coolant and distilled water."

2008 touring town n country 07-06-2013 05:33 PM

just curious about what happened to your P0404 egr related code? thanks