Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   voyager air con always on (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/voyager-air-con-always-6194/)

redbryn 08-01-2008 04:25 PM

voyager air con always on

hi guys a month ago(when th uk summer arrived)i realised that my airconcompressor was permanatley on even switching it off on the dash didnt stop it so i've removed the relay and thats stopped it but obviously need to sort it out any ideas thanks

JeepAndAVan 08-01-2008 05:45 PM

RE: voyager air con always on

1st thing to remember is that the AC compressor will run when either the AC is turned on or the DEFROSTER is turned on. the defroster activates so that
a. the air will be drier when you are trying to remove fog from the inside of the windows and
b. so that throughout the winter months, the refrigerant and oil is cycled through the system keeping rubber parts such as o-rings from drying out.

hopefully you will find that your defroster is on.

is this a digital temperature control or the analog with the dials?

-Jerry

redbryn 08-02-2008 07:29 AM

sorry i think i've worded that post wrong what i meant to say was i can hear the aircon clutch on the compressor clicking in and out plus i noticed the air from the vents was ice cold when it should of been outside air tempurature plus fuel economy was down after removing the relay all these problems were rectified
p.s its an analogue dash not climate
thanks

Merlin 08-02-2008 09:10 AM

Hi
if it's clicking in and out then the relay side is ok are you sure you haven't got the heater set to screen/ defrost?

redbryn 08-02-2008 10:22 AM

nope it's not set to defrost but i do have the flashing ac/recuirculate lights on the dash after a battery change could this be related?

Merlin 08-02-2008 11:58 AM

Hi

Shouldn’t be related but that means it needs to pass the cool down test. I take it that’s the only light flashing on the panel? If so just need to press and hold the recirculation button and the air can button till all the lights start flashing. You will then feel the heater go to hot then cold and if all goes well you will be just left with the rear wiper light flashing and you then press that to exit. then your lights should no longer be flashing. Let us know if it stops it.

gareth111278 08-04-2008 02:06 PM

Hi redbryn

Does the black disc on the front of the pump turn when the air-con pump is running? i'm trying to find out if mine is broken or not!

gareth

JeepAndAVan 08-04-2008 04:36 PM

Yes, the black disc should turn when the compressor is engaged. It should usually cycle on on off several times per minute...

-Jerry

gareth111278 08-05-2008 01:13 AM

Thanks Jerry,
Is there a clutch that brings the drive in and out here? i have a burnt clutch smell.

i've not hd the air-con gassed for over 2 years, can this cause the problem?
Thanks
Gareth

redbryn 08-10-2008 02:48 PM

success!!! i've replaced the aircon relay and done all the cooldown tests and hey presto no more aircon problems and no more flashing lights cheers guys i owe you all a beer :)