Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   voyager Courtesy lights problem (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/voyager-courtesy-lights-problem-8952/)

pete@co.uk 08-01-2009 08:22 PM

voyager Courtesy lights problem

hi guys im new here and this is my first post :D

well the problem i have with my 98 voyager le which i just brought today is the Courtesy lights will not go out even with the all doors shut and im getting the door ajar sign on the dash now i new to these cars, i was thinking it could be a relay problem the only way i can turn these lights out is by disconnecting the battery.

help any ideas

thanks in advance

pete..........

pete@co.uk 08-02-2009 02:56 PM

hi again what i mean by the Courtesy lights is all the interior lights remain on all the time and drains the battery today i went to go out and the battery was completely flat becouse of this they even remain on when I'm driving

any ideas anyone what could be causing this

please help :(

pete......................

Scruffy 08-03-2009 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by pete@co.uk (Post 29556)
hi again what i mean by the Courtesy lights is all the interior lights remain on all the time and drains the battery today i went to go out and the battery was completely flat becouse of this they even remain on when I'm driving

any ideas anyone what could be causing this

please help :(

pete......................

I am sure you have already checked but is the dial to the RHS of the steering wheel which controls the intrument lights (dimmer) fully turned up as it will leave the interior lights on

pete@co.uk 08-03-2009 11:49 AM

hi scruffy

thanks for that you were spot on the dimmer switch was turned fully on its just ive never had one of these cars before and as yet not used to the switches on the dash as i only brought it last friday and havent had a chance yet to even look at the handbook i found the switch after charging overnight and replacing the battery this morning all is well now

cheers :D

pete.............................................. ..

Mike213735 08-05-2009 02:27 PM

Pete,

Just wanted to say hi to you mate.

I am in your club....I collected my 1999 Grand Voyager LE on Monday :)

Let's learn together :)

Mike

pete@co.uk 08-08-2009 04:25 PM

hi mike

hope you have more luck with your voyager than me its currently in the garage with a split exhaust manifold a cat that's seen better days that has been repaired with gun gum.

And that it has just passed an full mot two weeks before i brought it, and a arrogant car dealer from whom i got the car who is continually messing me about he will pay the manifold but will have nothing to do with the cat saying its OK even though its as rusty as hell with a hole in it and ready to fall off the car all this and its just passed an mot??????????????? :mad:

pete...........................

Merlin 08-09-2009 04:37 AM

you can always appeal to the ministry of transport about it passing the MOT