Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Cirrus & Breeze (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/cirrus-breeze-22/)
-   -   1995 cirrus Computer? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/cirrus-breeze-22/1995-cirrus-computer-10786/)

woosha 02-15-2010 06:09 PM

1995 cirrus Computer?

I have a friend that brought his cirrus over to my garage.
He went to work car ran fine.
came out to start it and it would turn over but no start.
Had it towed to the my garage and we got it inside.
Ok so we turn the key to listen for the pump relay or pump and nothing.
No click or pump run
Maybe relay? so we swap out one the other try it again nothing.
ok I should get relay click so i went down to under the back set and prob the hot line for the pump.
tell the worker hit the key.
I prob the line click and pump run?
I said start it and it started right up.?
Know it starts every time.
So i throw my computer on it and check out some things and every thing seems fine so i tap the computer nothing. runs fine.
I did check out how many time it had been started from the last time codes were cleard and it said 150 times.
so he says ill pick it up and drive it around town.
so he was driving it around 2 hour off and on starting and stoping whe he went to pull into aparking place and it just died.
woulnt start.
so we had it towed back and they droped it off.
I went out and it started right up:mad:
so i went and put my computer on it to see if anything looks funning and i found one thing.
went back in to see how many times it was started 2 since the code where cleared.
I didnt clear any codes
I sounds like computer to me? any one got any clues? woody

Lunar 02-15-2010 10:37 PM

I would guess a bad fuel pump relay before something expensive like the engine computer. Have you pulled the relay ? Could be something as simple as a loose connection. Once I installed a dummy light (in circuit with the pump) where the customer could see it and had them check the power to the fuel pump right after it died, no power, turned out the relay was failing and shutting down intermittently.

woosha 02-16-2010 06:19 AM

relay

allready tryed that and why is it telling me i eraced the codes when i didnt?

Lunar 02-16-2010 04:37 PM

My bad, your typing is a bit... difficult to understand. I think you just answered your own question. The only thing that would clear codes AND make the engine stop without any chance of restarting is the computer losing power (or your guess was correct and its failed, but I like to look on the bright side). That would explain all the above fuel relay shutting down etc. Do you have another computer for this model handy ? I'd still be looking for things like a bad grounding wire at the computer.

Check to see how many times its been started again since the codes were cleared that may give you some insight into the computer issue. If its loosing power everything would be cleared and you'd be able to tell roughly when it's doing it.

woosha 02-17-2010 11:06 AM

computer

Grabing a computer today!!
Went over with a screwdriver and with the rubber end of the screwdriver and tap the computer with it and it died:cool: