Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Cirrus & Breeze (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/cirrus-breeze-22/)
-   -   99 chrysler cirrus 2.5 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/cirrus-breeze-22/99-chrysler-cirrus-2-5-a-21503/)

gambit2099 02-26-2014 11:21 PM

99 chrysler cirrus 2.5

I HAVE 99 CIRRUS CHANGE DISTRIBUTOR CAUSE IT WENT OUT I ALSO CHANGE DISTRIBUTERCAP ,, WIRES,AND , SPARK PLUGS,, FUEL PUMP AND FILTER ,,CRANK SENSOR ,,OIL SWITCH ,,ADD INJECTOR CLEANER ..AND AFTER A DAY GOT MISFIRE ONLY WEN ITS COLD IN THE MORNINGS AND ON EVENINGS LIGHT STALL I USED SCANNER GAVE ME MISS FIRE CYLINDER 2-3-4.. WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR ANY IDEAS ANY ONE THANKS :confused::confused:

MissFire 02-28-2014 06:36 PM

Your problem may be with the wiring harness to the injectors and most likely be injectors 1-3- and 5 which is behind and under the manifold because of the age of the car and how much heat is produced under the manifold. I had the same problem and figured out it was the wiring harness. I posted a post on this very problem which you are welcome to read to get a better idea of the problem and how to test the rear injector harness for its integrity without removing the manifold. You will also need to check the quality of the wiring harness to cylinders 2-4- and 6 which are in the front. If you would like, I will help you with either rebuilding or replacing some of the wiring harnesses. I rebuilt the fuel injector wiring harness to the rear 3 and misfire was immediately eliminated.

MissFire 02-28-2014 06:39 PM

Oh-reason the temp affects the problem is because the wiring twists and begins to separate from the heat and is why when cold, wiring retracts making better connection and runs.

gambit2099 03-03-2014 11:50 AM

Cool SUper Thanks

Cool super greatefull for info dint respond back right away been out of the loop but same problem,,,I check harness but I think that I will have to removed the manifold an might well replace or rewire plastic cover an tape ,, I seen the other cables on the side kind of twisted I will fix that too but before the distributor went out I dint have so many problems is that normal? I spend so much money I do want to keep car is just if not one thing is another and I am just trying to fix the one problem not replace things that are not ,, is tire are you in san diego ,, should I just replace plastic cover and tape or do I get another harness?

MissFire 03-04-2014 02:01 PM

Easiest and quickest way to deal with the fuel injector harness is to replace it with either a new one or a used one. If you have the ability to solder and have the equipment, you can rebuild the harness yourself. Just remove it and get new wire and rewire it. You can test the harness wiring integrity by checking with ohm meter and checking if there is any resistance in the wires. There should be very little to no resistance in them, if there is, replace or repair it. You can find units at salvage yards. Let me know if you need any more help.

gambit2099 03-10-2014 05:57 PM

ok I am trying to see what I can afford I am short on money ,, I was thinking is it normal that this happened cause it dint happened before all this the miss firing??