Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

How long to activate account?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 10:28 AM
Question How long to activate account?

Greetings, I registered in this past Sat. now near noon on the following Mon.
I can log on and navigate, but my 2 posted threads are not listed yet and many site functions are still blocked.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:48 AM

Is ADMINISTRATION on VACATION or is this a DEAD FORUM? I participate in a number of other car forums and this is the SLOWEST responding one I have EVER SEEN!

Old 08-02-2017, 07:19 AM

Had opportunity to respond to a new thread offering a suggestion...that worked fine. How come my post threads are not shown?

Old 08-03-2017, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

usually takes like 7 posts or something like that to keep out the bots

Old 08-03-2017, 05:53 AM

Thank You for the reply! As my check in thread said ..I am NO STRANGER to chrysler/ Dodge, have had and maintained my own for 23 yrs. and also now a "retired " auto tech.!
May be a while before I make that number of posts!

Old 08-03-2017, 11:01 AM

Does this mean you have to post 7 times before the original thread (the one you authored) is shown to the forum? What happens to posts 1-6?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uniform4Mike
Does this mean you have to post 7 times before the original thread (the one you authored) is shown to the forum? What happens to posts 1-6?

Thanks in advance.
I wholeheartedly AGREE with you! I realise that on many forums that there are "bot's" that love to sneak in and mess things up. and also MANY folk that sign up to ask 1 question and leave. But the sites "reception committee" here leaves a LOT TO BE DESIRED!

Old 08-03-2017, 12:02 PM

I wish I would have known this up front, I spent quit a bit of time writing my first post. I agree about the "bots" however don't we pass the captiva test by typing in the two words to show we are human? Anyway, I see you are from Western NY, I now reside in Maryland, but own some property East of Binghampton where I take my Aspen frequently. I went up last weekend and the nights got down in to the 50's... Loving that for sure!

Old 08-03-2017, 12:59 PM

I am North of Olean, and South of the village of Arcade(Arcade&Attica Steam Railroad). Yes it has been getting COOL at nights here, but the days are in the mid 80's and HUMID!
A few more degree's and it would be like my memories of being at MCAS Cherry Point,NC.
Yes, I spent a good amount of time writing my intro and 2 other threads of my search for knowledge!

Old 08-03-2017, 01:09 PM

I've been to Olean- but it has been many years. I used to date a girl from Bradford, PA and then we went to Olean for a visit. I think it was for a canoe race or something but mainly a drinking fest as you can imagine. I know all about Cherry Point, although never permanent party but have flown in/out. You are right, that is some real humidity down there. Here in DC, we haven't left the 90's yet, although some of the afternoon storms have brought down the temps temporarily. Did you retire from the Corps?

Quick Reply: How long to activate account?