Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forum-issues-10/)
-   -   Changed battery now the car wont start. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forum-issues-10/changed-battery-now-car-wont-start-12783/)

bentlawrence 11-01-2010 10:43 AM

Changed battery now the car wont start.

Hello, I just joined this forum and got alot of usefull info from you guys, but now i have a problem that i cant find any threads on. I rencently changed my battery in my 1997 Chrysler Cirrus lx 2.5L V6. And my car wont start. it ran fine before I changed it. I took it up to Auto zone and they said I needed a new battery so I bought one. I hooked the two terminals up the right way(neg off first then pos off...pos on first then neg on) it arked a bit but i figured it was normal to do that. i had other cars do it and it wasnt like a pos going on a neg ark but more like the light was on inside the car and it pulled power from the battery kinda ark. So i wasnt worried about it. the first thing it did when I turned on the key was it started giving me codes from the check engine light. And this is what they are-12, 44, 23, 33, 22, 24, 55. I know what 12 and 55 are but I'm not to sure about the rest. i bought the car from a friend and he had some issuse with it but I fixed it....I had to change the crankshaft sensor on it, but other than that thats all I had to do till I changed the battery. I even took the new battery back to see if it was a dud but it all checked out. I am stumped. I dont know if its got an alarm system on it or not. I bought it with the clicker but that does'nt mean it doesnt have one. And if so how do I get it reset...If thats the problem. I also checked all the fuses and they were all fine inside and out. i can hear my fuel pump kick and prime the system but, it seems like it is'nt getting any fire. What is wrong with my car...lol.:confused:

bentlawrence 11-01-2010 10:46 AM

I ment to say with out the clicker. sorry.

bentlawrence 11-01-2010 10:50 AM

All it does is cranks but no start. everything on the inside works and all of my lights work.

dcotter0579 11-01-2010 01:54 PM

44: Battery temperature sensor voltage
23: Intake air temperature sensor voltage out of normal range.
33: Air Conditioning clutch relay circuit. An open or shorted condition detected in the compressor clutch relay circuit.
22: Engine coolant temperature sensor voltage out of normal range.
24: Throttle position sensor voltage high or low. Test the throttle position sensor.

Sounds like there's something wrong with the part of the computer that generates or relies on the signal voltage. I think it's time for some professional help.

bentlawrence 11-01-2010 04:58 PM

thank you for your input i guess it is time for me to take it some where and have them look at it...lol...

Kirk 12-11-2010 07:01 AM

It does sound like the anti theft has been activated. Try to simply lock and unlock the passenger door with the key. I worked on 300 that did this, but I had to take the brain ot and have it re-flashed. Good luck

paulesp 02-03-2011 07:14 AM

hi can u tell me where is the crank sensor located on a 2.5 engine

dcotter0579 02-03-2011 01:15 PM

Remove the battery and battery tray, if yours is a coupe.
Remove the cruise control actuator.
CKP is at the top of the transmission bell housing.

paulesp 02-04-2011 08:42 AM

chrysler stratus/sebring ckp

hiya mine is a cabroliet and the battery is located inside the front wing. year 1999 2.5engine v6 automatic will this be the same place
thanks