Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forum-issues-10/)
-   -   Codes: PO 112 and P1496 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forum-issues-10/codes-po-112-p1496-12247/)

didy 08-26-2010 11:56 PM

Codes: PO 112 and P1496

Recently, my Chrysler Cirrus (1997) stalled. and I got my PCM replaced.
The check engine light was on before and after the replacement.
By checking the code, it comes out the following codes:
1. PO 112 Air intake temperature sensor
2. P1496 5 volt output too low

I am worrying that my new PCM will be burnt again with bad sensors or bad wiring that cause the error codes.

Is there anyone can offer me some suggestions how to check these problems or even fix them? Or, even just tell me if there is a possibility my new PCM will be burnt again due to reasons related to these error codes.

Thanks,

didy

TNtech 08-27-2010 06:34 PM

You need somone who knows their stuff to look at that. Any advice from me here would be electronic nerd talk. But I will tell you the most overlooked item on that 5V circuit is the A/C pressure transducer. It's also the last in line. Are you having intermittent running issues?

didy 08-28-2010 11:01 AM

Hi, TNtech,
Thanks for the answering.

Yes, I have an intermittent running issue. After started the engine, the car would just stopped running after I drive on the road in low speed. I can restart the engine. I noticed that when the check engine light was off right before the car stopped. It seems there is something loose. Another thing is, when I am at high speed, say, ~60 mph, the check engine light might also get a chance to be off for couple seconds. At that moment, my car would experience a shaking due to the engine or something changed. After that, the check engine light would come back on and the engine runs normally.

I will go to Chrysler dealer to sort out the potential problem. Just want to know a little bit more before talk to the technician.

Thanks,

Donzwon 12-21-2010 11:21 AM

Hey Didy, I have the same exact problem with my sebring. What did you do to fix your car.

Donzwon 12-21-2010 11:28 AM

Chrysler sebring codes 112 and 1496

Sorry Didy, Could you PLEASE tell me what you had to do to fix your car. Thanks very much in advance.

didy 12-22-2010 01:24 PM

Hi Donzwon,
After the question I asked few months ago. My car accidentally stopped running. I tool it to dealer and they fix it with changing a new engine computer. The part costs about four hundreds something, and the final price is about six hundreds something including the labor.
So, the guys in dealer told me that the check engine light was because of the failure of the engine computer. And, indeed, after I change that, the problem solved.
So, you might want to check your engine computer. And if you purchase an used one, it would be cheaper.

didy

Donzwon 12-23-2010 09:10 AM

Thanks Didy, You were very helpful.I will do that.

TNtech 12-24-2010 10:38 AM

Look, there are test procedures to go by for codes. Get a manual and do them. If you can't, let someone else diagnose it for you. It's not shameful to admit you can't do it on your own. Cars are nuts.