Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forum-issues-10/)
-   -   How long to activate account? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forum-issues-10/how-long-activate-account-27901/)

REBEL59 07-31-2017 10:28 AM

How long to activate account?

Greetings, I registered in this past Sat. now near noon on the following Mon.
I can log on and navigate, but my 2 posted threads are not listed yet and many site functions are still blocked.

REBEL59 08-02-2017 05:48 AM

Is ADMINISTRATION on VACATION or is this a DEAD FORUM? I participate in a number of other car forums and this is the SLOWEST responding one I have EVER SEEN!

REBEL59 08-02-2017 07:19 AM

Had opportunity to respond to a new thread offering a suggestion...that worked fine. How come my post threads are not shown?

CHRYSLER TECH 08-03-2017 12:43 AM

usually takes like 7 posts or something like that to keep out the bots

REBEL59 08-03-2017 05:53 AM

Thank You for the reply! As my check in thread said ..I am NO STRANGER to chrysler/ Dodge, have had and maintained my own for 23 yrs. and also now a "retired " auto tech.!
May be a while before I make that number of posts!

Uniform4Mike 08-03-2017 11:01 AM

Does this mean you have to post 7 times before the original thread (the one you authored) is shown to the forum? What happens to posts 1-6?

Thanks in advance.

REBEL59 08-03-2017 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uniform4Mike (Post 101495)
Does this mean you have to post 7 times before the original thread (the one you authored) is shown to the forum? What happens to posts 1-6?

Thanks in advance.

I wholeheartedly AGREE with you! I realise that on many forums that there are "bot's" that love to sneak in and mess things up. and also MANY folk that sign up to ask 1 question and leave. But the sites "reception committee" here leaves a LOT TO BE DESIRED!

Uniform4Mike 08-03-2017 12:02 PM

I wish I would have known this up front, I spent quit a bit of time writing my first post. I agree about the "bots" however don't we pass the captiva test by typing in the two words to show we are human? Anyway, I see you are from Western NY, I now reside in Maryland, but own some property East of Binghampton where I take my Aspen frequently. I went up last weekend and the nights got down in to the 50's... Loving that for sure!

REBEL59 08-03-2017 12:59 PM

I am North of Olean, and South of the village of Arcade(Arcade&Attica Steam Railroad). Yes it has been getting COOL at nights here, but the days are in the mid 80's and HUMID!
A few more degree's and it would be like my memories of being at MCAS Cherry Point,NC.
Yes, I spent a good amount of time writing my intro and 2 other threads of my search for knowledge!

Uniform4Mike 08-03-2017 01:09 PM

I've been to Olean- but it has been many years. I used to date a girl from Bradford, PA and then we went to Olean for a visit. I think it was for a canoe race or something but mainly a drinking fest as you can imagine. I know all about Cherry Point, although never permanent party but have flown in/out. You are right, that is some real humidity down there. Here in DC, we haven't left the 90's yet, although some of the afternoon storms have brought down the temps temporarily. Did you retire from the Corps?

REBEL59 08-03-2017 01:48 PM

LOL! yes the Olean canoe Regatta! It still goes on and not much has changed about it! No I just did ONE hitch(4yrs.) as the aircraft I was assigned to was coming up for RETIREMENT. Was a jet engine tech on the now in museums A-4 Skyhawk! Got out as an E-4...WAY back!

REBEL59 08-03-2017 01:54 PM

Well this is #11, PLUS the 3 threads I posted that do NOT yet show up!

REBEL59 08-03-2017 02:32 PM

THANKYOU whoever did something! Now at least my NEW introduction on the "check in" page IS SHOWING! Maybe my first 3 will "magically" appear? Or should I retype new threads of what I had tried to post in proper pages already?

Uniform4Mike 08-04-2017 12:55 PM

Rebel: Congratulations on advancing with the forum. Yes it was the regatta that I was at... It was a pretty interesting time, I'm glad I survived it.

REBEL59 08-04-2017 03:36 PM

I went down and strolled the grounds ONE year, was an OK afternoon. But not my "cup of tea" to participate or stroll around on a regular basis. I dearly miss seeing aircraft and airshows like I could "back in the day" when I was in the service! Well it looks like you may get "promoted" SOON also! I think you need to "double" your score!

gnol 08-08-2017 11:18 PM

So just to make sure I understood this as well, since I signed up on the weekend and wrote a nice lengthy post with two screenshots:
In order to get the post shown, I have to post 7 another posts? Is that correct?

Uniform4Mike 08-09-2017 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by gnol (Post 101606)
So just to make sure I understood this as well, since I signed up on the weekend and wrote a nice lengthy post with two screenshots:
In order to get the post shown, I have to post 7 another posts? Is that correct?

gnol: I'm not exactly sure if you have to write 7 posts, but you will have to wait at least 24 hours and from my limited experience your original post and screenshots may be gone. Myself and Rebel have been through this as well, so we feel your pain.

gnol 08-09-2017 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Uniform4Mike (Post 101608)
gnol: I'm not exactly sure if you have to write 7 posts, but you will have to wait at least 24 hours and from my limited experience your original post and screenshots may be gone. Myself and Rebel have been through this as well, so we feel your pain.

Oh dear, all the work again... I don't think it is 24h since I created my account on Friday or Saturday and I still even can't access all parts of my account here. I even used the "contact us" function twice but haven't heard anything from the forum administrator yet...
Hopefully the post is still there.

Uniform4Mike 08-09-2017 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by gnol (Post 101610)
Oh dear, all the work again... I don't think it is 24h since I created my account on Friday or Saturday and I still even can't access all parts of my account here. I even used the "contact us" function twice but haven't heard anything from the forum administrator yet...
Hopefully the post is still there.

Right- unfortunately. Can you post your question here, possibly post pictures? Although this may be the wrong caveat within the forum, you'll definitely get some looks and can repost to the proper section once the admin determines you are not a spammer. Just a thought... :)

gnol 08-09-2017 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uniform4Mike (Post 101611)
Right- unfortunately. Can you post your question here, possibly post pictures? Although this may be the wrong caveat within the forum, you'll definitely get some looks and can repost to the proper section once the admin determines you are not a spammer. Just a thought... :)

Thats a good thought! But I see that the posts here are getting the views but no real answers. Sure, most forum members look at the correct forum section. I'll see if I get the post past moderation the next days and if not, I'll try a repost and if thats not working, yeah, I might post it here ;-)

REBEL59 08-09-2017 09:35 AM

Hello to the both of you! your original threads will NOT show up. Sorry but you'll have to do as I did and re write them. According to researching others membership time and postings...I don't know how this site functions, as some seem to come right on and post and get responses!

gnol 08-09-2017 09:40 AM

Do you have the issue as well that you can't click on your profile link on the upper right corner? If I click on my name it says I don't have permission to access this page, but I'm able to post here...
Ok, I'll try and see if I'm able to post a new thread in that forum section, maybe it will work this time.

gnol 08-09-2017 09:42 AM

On the other hand, it would be great if there would be a notification about how the process here works when you submit your first thread. I know there has been a message that the post needs moderation so maybe this could be customised to inform the member that he has to take step A and B first.

REBEL59 08-09-2017 12:14 PM

All came available when I reached the "magic number". try a few more here or respond to an existing thread of some area of your interest, mine is the Town&Country page. or you could try some on the general tech page. You are almost there! :)

gnol 08-09-2017 01:52 PM

"Magic number" lets see if that works out at some point, thanks for the hint ;-)

gnol 08-09-2017 04:54 PM

Right, while I still can't click on my account name, I have been able to finally submit my thread in the Pacifica category. Not sure if the other one comes up but for now, this should work ;-)