Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forum-issues-10/)
-   -   Posting Pix (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forum-issues-10/posting-pix-29181/)

wdrbbq 04-04-2018 05:24 PM

Posting Pix

The last time I visited this site I tried to post some pix of my refurbished '94 Lebaron and I believe I was told I can't. Of course, there's always the possibility that I am allowed and did something wrong.
Am I allowed to post pix or not?
If I am, please walk me through the procedure. If not, why not?
Thanks

dcotter0579 04-05-2018 09:53 AM

When the admins decide that you're not a spammer, they'll give you posting privileges. It's not a matter of a certain amount of time or a certain number of posts. Jump in, post up, have fun and I'm sure they'll welcome you to the party at some point.

wdrbbq 04-06-2018 07:09 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks. I've got a black '94 Lebaron that I've spent a fortune refurbishing. When I bought it, it was white with its original beige top. I bought it for $100. There's a picture of it before the work was done too.

REBEL59 04-06-2018 07:34 AM

Looks like some very nice work done, now that you can and have posted pic's of your ride maybe you could fill in some details of what area you are in and what mechanically you have done with it. Here in rustbelt western NY, those era rides are pretty much long gone from being seen!

BiliTheAxe 04-06-2018 11:35 AM

It is pretty normal for new members in forums to have some restrictions, until they have proven themself, or in most cases made a certain number of posts.

That is a sweet looking LeBaron. Whoever did the work did a very nice job.

wdrbbq 04-07-2018 09:13 AM

I posted a new response detailing the work that's been done and a picture but I don't know where it went.

REBEL59 04-07-2018 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by wdrbbq (Post 105237)
I posted a new response detailing the work that's been done and a picture but I don't know where it went.

Found a total of 10 pic's on the GARAGE page of your ride, don't know about where any wording went.

wdrbbq 04-07-2018 12:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
REBEL59, I posted a response to your post asking me to fill in what area I was from and what work has been done. I also included a closeup picture of my license plate: Rhode Island registration LBRN94, but that response never actually showed up.

I'll repeat the details:

I bought this vehicle with 98,000 original miles for $100 from a co-worker who was moving to Florida from Rhode Island. She didn't think it could survive the trip so she was going to junk it. I asked what she'd take for it and she said $50. I test drove it, saw that the engine ran like new and offered her $100, saying a vehicle that runs should at least be worth $100. I didn't want to take unfair advantage of the fact that she was looking to dump it quickly so she could move.
Following is a list of items that have been done, ignoring the maintenance items that would normally be associated with a car that now has 268,000 miles on it, ten years later. It's my only vehicle so it's out there every day:

Top, top motor, both top cylinders and both top latches replaced by Charles Street Auto and Boat Top, North Providence, RI
Paint by MAACO, also of North Providence, RI

All of the following items were done by my nephew, an expert pro mechanic, with the exception of the actual valve and valve guide replacement and machining of the heads:

New transmission with 100,000 mile warranty.
Replacement of all brake lines, rotors, drums, shoes, calipers.
Replacement of entire cooling system: radiator, water pump, hoses, heater core, etc.
Replacement of entire a/c system: evaporator, dryer, compressor and all hoses.
Tearing down engine to remove heads for valve job and rebuilding after valve job.
HID headlamp conversion.
Too many front axle halves. That seems to be its weakness, axle halves replaced frequently.

REBEL59 04-07-2018 12:43 PM

SWEET! even adding up the expenses(rough figure), I doubt you could buy a newer vehicle with the looks and"personality" of that era LeBaron. for the same money!
Now that you are being recognized as a full fledged member, you may want to consider posting future postings in the other Chrysler models page.

wdrbbq 04-08-2018 09:05 AM

Thanks for your response. How would I get to the other Chrysler models page?