General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Directional won't cancel (right only) 00 Town&Country

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 12:05 AM
Default Directional won't cancel (right only) 00 Town&Country

I have a 00 Town and Country. The directional won't cancel when I turn right. There is a clicking sound in the column. If I am correct, there are two springs in there... one to cancel left and one to cancel right. I have not been able to find a schematic for this car. Am I correct about these springs? Ps. Anyone know where I can get replacement springs? Advanced, Aujto Zone and O'Riellys don't have them. Thanks!!!

Old 06-16-2019, 05:25 AM

Either a POSSIBLE bad turn signal switch assembly..OR more likely a worn out/broken signal canceling cam that is part of the clock spring assembly. A very common problem with many older cars! I've had this minor inconvenience with my last 3 minivans, and it is the clock spring canceling cam portion causing the trouble...I've "played" with the sig. switch on all them before reaching this conclusion!
Springs in the switch unit are not sold for repair. IF you really want to get into the switch, find a unit from a salvage yard or buy new from an auto parts store or "online".

Old 06-16-2019, 09:40 AM

Thanks so much for the information. I took the signal switch out last week and discovered when I turned the wheel it still makes the clicking sound when I turn the wheel to the right. My conclusion is that it had something to do with the canceling cam and the videos I saw talked about a clock spring. The repair manual I have has no information on it at all. Very hard to find schematics on the 00 or that particular part. Again, thanks for the information.!!!