Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/general-tech-11/)
-   -   Freon leak? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/general-tech-11/freon-leak-17797/)

scooby 06-27-2012 09:49 AM

Freon leak?

So about a month ago i purchased a 2003 concorde and it had no a/c , blows air just no cold air. huh that sucked. me thinks the car has sat for about a year due to being impounded due to being seized by the police and local dealership got a hold of it. so i buy a few cans of freon and go about my business , well in 2 days no more cold air. damn it. well i try to be optimistic and just buy one more can and hope maybe i somehow put the first 2 cans in wrong and something was not sealed right. so put another can in , and another day of nice cold air. next day no more cold air. damn it! so it would seem i have a leak somewhere. im kinda hoping this maybe a common problem? maybe a quick easy fix? or am i gonna have to take it to the shop and pay them to find the leak and then pay them to repair the leak? any insight on this im sure would be helpful.

CHRYSLER TECH 06-27-2012 09:54 AM

if u haft to keep adding it in yes there is a leak

scooby 06-27-2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 62872)
if u haft to keep adding it in yes there is a leak

yes Boss i got that far into the mystery , im just looking for any easy solutions at the present time. thanks for the insight Shaggy , no scooby snack for your post

CHRYSLER TECH 06-27-2012 03:20 PM

No insite to what or where a leak is that's your job or some one else with dye in the system.

scooby 06-28-2012 12:53 AM

no i was hoping this may be a common prob , something like 90% of the time on the 03 concorde's they tend to leak from this particular area. i wasn't asking anyone to help me find the leak , i apologize if my post came out that way , at times i type way too fast , i dont wanna brag but all my ex's would call me flash.:)

TNtech 06-28-2012 07:50 AM

99% chance the evaporator is leaking. 99% chance you'll have to do another one in a year or so...lol

scooby 06-28-2012 10:17 AM

^ Ok , that was good , i gotta give that one to you lol

by chance are you located in Tn? if so , me too , your more than welcome to come over and fix my stuff. or help me find the leak.

WAIT: are you serious? evaporator?

TNtech 06-28-2012 10:25 AM

I have enough $hitty Chryslers to work on already :p

scooby 06-28-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech (Post 62910)
I have enough $hitty Chryslers to work on already :p

no argument coming from my side. chrysler's definitely are like g/f's they are always wanting some attention. they are attention whore's. and they aint even cheap. however chrysler's are a smooth ride and they dont talk back , nor biggie size **** at Mcdonald's.

CHRYSLER TECH 06-28-2012 11:50 AM

I haft to replace my evap in my 98 Concorde yeah
do u smell anything coming out of the vents when u first fire up the ac?