Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Fiberglass Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Default Fiberglass Interior

To have that fiberglassed look, First and foremost clean your interior parts first! Any cleaning products will make it horrible fisheye everywhere on you if you do not. I washed mine with dish soap and made sure to get them super clean.

Sanded down with 120 grit, then once that started getting smooth, moved on to 180 grit, then lastly 220.

Wax and degreased the interior pieces (some will say get a specific one made for plastics but I did not) used PPG brand

Spay with bulldog plastic adhesion promoter
Spray with G2/slick sand polyester primer (bondo that sprays) LOL! Fills in the all the groves that I want to get rid of so that it will be smooth like glass.

Sorry I dont have a pic of that step

Then I sanded down again with 220grit

Reprimed

Wetsanded with 600 grit make sure you have plenty of water on the object that you wetsand

Door panels will have to be built up several times to get the smooth look. So be ready to prime, sand, prime sand.

After many hours here is your final product:

Old 06-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Default RE: Fiberglass Interior

Whoa! That looks great!!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Default RE: Fiberglass Interior

Good job!!! And very neat

Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 AM

I haven't really completely thought out the driver's side dash or passenger's side dash yet, but I can cross that bridge when I come to it, but I will need to leave space for an a/c unit, so might have to install that before doing the passenger side...

Old 11-03-2011, 01:04 AM

I have built many fiberglass panels for demo cars. And there is a 2 part foam that expands like crazy. Tape the wheel well them foam it. Cut or sand it down.Then taped over it then one thin layer of resin and let dry then fiberglass mat.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 AM

I think cleaning the interior first then other would be the best thing, I will follow the instruction mentioned above, Hope it works for me.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 AM
Default Fiberglass Interior

Custom Interior work, spray foam and fiberglass?
I'm looking into custom making an entire fiberglass interior for myself and had a couple questions. My plan is to use spray foam from the hardware store, spray directly onto the location to shape it, take it off and fiberglass it.

My first question is what should i use between the car frame and the foam to be able to remove it?

What could i use to shell the foam mold to avoid it warping whent he fiberglass is applied?

What is the best thing to dissolve the foam when i'm finished?

Old 10-06-2012, 04:27 AM

A very nice and informative topic i like it very much i love this post thanks for this. I will tell my all friends such a good site.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:01 PM

This thread kind of looses some of it's impact when all of the pictures have been deleted

Old 11-15-2012, 06:28 PM

Wait, I really want to see this?! Repost the pics?

Quick Reply: Fiberglass Interior