Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   K-Cars (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/k-cars-20/)
-   -   1982 Chrysler LeBaron Survivor (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/k-cars-20/1982-chrysler-lebaron-survivor-29709/)

ODZKing 07-24-2018 12:30 PM

1982 Chrysler LeBaron Survivor

1 Attachment(s)
Several years back my wife purchased our 1982 Chrysler LeBaron convertible, Mark Cross Edition. A true survivor, it has only 51,000 miles original paint and interior. And as far as I can tell we are the 3rd owner(s) of the car. It has the 2.6 carbureted Mitsubishi engine. Pic attached.
We are slowly getting it all back in good running order and replacing the few things missing or not working properly. With any luck we can get into the survivor tent at Carlisle next summer.
One of those is a sticker under the trunk lid. Now on my 67 and 73 Charger that would be the jack instructions. Do these have a sticker as well?
If so and there is someone out there with an 82 convert, can I get a picture?

Thanks,
Bob

REBEL59 07-24-2018 01:53 PM

Nice car for it's day and yours still looks GREAT! BUT as a former auto tech of that era, my condolences to you on the particular motor under the hood!...HATED that motor with a passion!

ODZKing 08-23-2018 10:20 AM

Took the LeBaron to Moparfest over the weekend. To our surprise, there were 5 others there 83-86 but we were the only 82. Not to brag but honestly ours was in the best condition.
On the way up we caught a little rain and snapped one of those ridiculous white bushings on the driver wiper. Good thing we Rain-X'ed. Picked one up at the show and installed it right there.
Not sure whose brain child at Chrysler that was but there has to be a better solution to that connection. They are on my 73 as well, dumb design!

REBEL59 08-23-2018 11:01 AM

Glad to hear that you had such a good outing...BUT where would life's fun be without such a minor happening to occur during a "road trip"?

ODZKing 09-12-2018 03:10 AM

Hey Rebel, any idea what sticker is supposed to be under the deck lid? I can see the remnants of one on ours but it is gone. Jack instructions maybe?
Every one I looked at is either missing or has been repainted.

REBEL59 09-12-2018 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by ODZKing (Post 107466)
Hey Rebel, any idea what sticker is supposed to be under the deck lid? I can see the remnants of one on ours but it is gone. Jack instructions maybe?
Every one I looked at is either missing or has been repainted.

LOL...I'm lucky if I can remember if I had Eggs or Oatmeal for breakfast 3 days ago! You would really ask about a sticker in the trunk of a LONG GONE vehicle from my rustbelt area??? LOGIC would have to say it was probably jacking instructions as that is where the spare and tool kit are kept. I understand you are trying to make a 100 point show car, so good luck, and post up with any big wins you get with this original!

tncruiser 09-15-2018 10:56 AM

on my 85 the jacking instructions are on the under side of the spare tire cover,
maybe the same on your ,the good thing about an 82 is the rear window motors NEVER fail
brianj

ODZKing 09-20-2018 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by tncruiser (Post 107503)
on my 85 the jacking instructions are on the under side of the spare tire cover,
maybe the same on your ,the good thing about an 82 is the rear window motors NEVER fail
brianj

Thanks, I have never had it off, I'll look.
Rear window motors ... you mean the convert top motor?

REBEL59 09-20-2018 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by ODZKing (Post 107571)
Thanks, I have never had it off, I'll look.
Rear window motors ... you mean the convert top motor?

LOOSEN UP!...He was JOKING with you! the generation convert. you have does NOT have rear quarter windows, hence they can NEVER fail. The next generation redesign style Has rear quarter windows that were known to go bad and parts are near nonexistent to find to repair them.

tncruiser 09-20-2018 05:47 PM

I don't know which year they started with 4 windows BUT the 85 which is the same generation has 4 and THREE work
had a 91 back in 91 until about 2001 and the passenger side rear side window was the first thing to fail, I'm going to attempt the repair my self as in my working life many many years ago I repaired and service thousands of electric moters
brianj