K-Cars Talk about the infamous K-Cars within.

1992 LeBaron Convertible Electrical Gremlins!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 07:19 AM
Default 1992 LeBaron Convertible Electrical Gremlins!!

I just got a very low millage 1992 LeBaron convertible with the 3.0L. While looking good and running perfectly I have a lot of electrical gremlins I hope you all can help me with. Some or all issues

1. Headlight Doors don't open or close, just swing freely. I hear what sound like a motor run for a little when I turn on the headlights. (I am guessing some linkage disconnected, mechanical Gremlin)

2. When I turn on the headlights they come right on as well as the dash lights and the headlight indicator comes on the dash. When I turn of the lights the dash and indicator go off but the headlights stay on. I then have to restart the car with the light switch in the off position to turn off headlights.

3. The Speedometer doesn't read anything, all other dash items work perfectly.

4. The radio and all interior light (except dash) don't work at any time. I found the fuse was missing so I replaced it. Now all of the interior lights and radio work great however never turn off so I pulled the fuse back out. This is with the key in or out didn't matter. (I was thinking failed relay in the on position but don't know of a relay that controls that combination of items)

Have not found any other issues yet. Thanks for your time and brain power to help me on this project.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:41 PM

send me an e-mail here: mkolner14@hotmail.com

and for a message put: 1992 LeBaron Convertible Electrical Gremlins!!

will try to help

Old 12-07-2018, 01:37 PM

head light motor might be the bushing inside have crumbled. I rebuilt mine a few years ago with a cheap ebay kit...same as rebuilding window motors, usually three plastic roller bushings that fail

I had a lot of gremies too for head lights and turn signals and such...what I eventually found was that the switches in the dash shroud had several pins that the electrical solder had cracked...you need a jewlers loupe to see the cracks...I touched up the bad joints and all my electrical problems disappeared...