Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   2001 SEBRING conv no spark (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/2001-sebring-conv-no-spark-25429/)

LEOPARD 12-26-2015 07:04 PM

2001 SEBRING conv no spark

Hi I own two 2001 conv just bought 2nd one and pulled motor and put in one from wrecker now I have no spark my other one needs water pump but runs so I borrowed crank and cam sensor from it ,still no spark ....any suggestions ...I'm a Chrysler rookie but wrenched on personal vechiles my whole life trained marine mechanic but this newr ****e baffles me sometimes??why on earth didn't Chrysler just stick with internal combustion ??why add internal waterpump ,guess I'll never know!!!

LEOPARD 12-26-2015 07:07 PM

I did break crank sensor on engine INSTALL goin out to car now to check harness,,maybe I should just swap harness with other one and see what happens ,,also do a alarm reset cuz battery went dead ,any more suggestions

CHRYSLER TECH 12-28-2015 07:26 PM

what engine did u install? what year?

LEOPARD 12-29-2015 04:54 PM

I believe it was outta a 2002 I have spark now...zero compression now on all 6..is it possible to bend a valve in all cylinders turning engine over by hand and by starter??damm ...

LEOPARD 12-29-2015 04:57 PM

Thanx Kevin ...also I didn't have a puller for harmonic but upper marks lined up..so I thought bottom was OK..I measyred distance from piston top to head on other block and rotated that one to same and links matched marks...and finished assembly

CHRYSLER TECH 12-30-2015 12:02 AM

if you have no compression yeah bent vales

LEOPARD 12-31-2015 04:49 PM

Would it bend one or more valves per cylinder just by cranking over by hand and with starter??thanks for your replies I do appreciate your input thanx mark

CHRYSLER TECH 01-01-2016 10:01 AM

yeah either one it will

LEOPARD 01-01-2016 01:27 PM

Ohh man ..thanx again ...soo I have a spare engine I guess I could just swap heads??what do u think ?cams and all??just reset chaain and hope for the best??that seems my cheapest fix (my time)

LEOPARD 01-01-2016 01:28 PM

Or pop valves out and replace bent ones ..so u say they All could possibly be bent??

LEOPARD 01-01-2016 07:56 PM

I was also trying to start my other car with bad wp without any water just to move it ...it wasn't goin then I remembered I had tried comp out of it to start other one before I knew of security nomans land after 7trys ..so when it wouldn't go I grabbed comp of security car and it started up but did the seven second run again ..now do I have to reset both or all three I should say comp on car I know can reset em...do all SEBRING have fact..alarm?never came across this issue until this car I'm assuming ming first one doesn't have cyz it had liw battery before and didn't get locked outta starter..and fuel

LEOPARD 01-01-2016 07:59 PM

My email is markgibbons1967@gmail. com and goes to my cell immediately..thank you cyber space for allowing this awesome way to chat with someone who knows this STUFF..;-)