Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   2010 sebring touring convertible top malfunction (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/2010-sebring-touring-convertible-top-malfunction-32041/)

weldon11031 07-13-2020 10:19 AM

2010 sebring touring convertible top malfunction

My son has a 2010 chrysler sebring touring convertible,he was in Kuwait, so the car has been in the garage for 2 years, he came home drove it the top worked fine now 3 weeks later, if i push the truck button nothing happens? when i try to put the top down it does nothing and i can hear nothing? when i push it to let the top down, the windows come down partially and i hear a motor but the top does not move and it wont secure so the top is not locked down HELP!!! please

Joe Whitaker 03-25-2022 10:33 AM

I have the same problem 2010 sebring hardtop convertible "top malfunction" "top not secure" and the trunk button doesn't work just like weldon11031. Took it to the dealer and tech's that work on convertible tops are hard to find. Any recommendations?

dcotter0579 03-25-2022 12:10 PM

Try taking it to a place that specializes in convertible tops. They work on them all day every day and will have a lot more experience than any dealer ever will. Also, go over to the Chrysler Sebring Convertible Club website and post your question in the appropriate section of their site.

jrakey 07-05-2023 07:06 PM

Did you ever fix this?

Originally Posted by Joe Whitaker (Post 121147)
I have the same problem 2010 sebring hardtop convertible "top malfunction" "top not secure" and the trunk button doesn't work just like weldon11031. Took it to the dealer and tech's that work on convertible tops are hard to find. Any recommendations?

I currently have this issue, I have no clue how to fix it either. Did you get it working?

Hinzee 08-15-2023 05:38 AM

I'm not sure about the 2010's but my 2005 Convertible Sebring's top wouldn't go up without a lot of back & forth on the motor and some manual help (pushing).
The issue is that the hydraulic motors for the top like to leak & you need to refill it with the correct fluid maybe every 5 year or so (or more often depending on use).
They are a pain to get to at least on the 2005's and once again I don't know if its the same system on the 2010 but I can't imagine its too different.

ggoose 08-15-2023 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by jrakey (Post 124743)
I currently have this issue, I have no clue how to fix it either. Did you get it working?

There are a number of moving parts in play regrading the 'top not secured' Suggest posting on 'sebringclub.net', dedicated to sebring convertibles. A repair guide has been posted there to assist in diagnosing Gen 3 top issues.

If the power top control module does not see the top as being secured, the dash trunk button and keyfob button are not allowed to pop the trunk.