Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   chrysler voyager 2.5 crd glow plug relay (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/chrysler-voyager-2-5-crd-glow-plug-relay-18750/)

geegar233 12-11-2012 11:40 AM

chrysler voyager 2.5 crd glow plug relay

first of all let me say hi to you all as i am a new member, i have had a quick read through a couple of posts as a guest and thought it would be good to join.

i am looking for a replacement glow plug control relay for my chrysler grand voyager 2.5 crd 2003 plate, i called chrysler for one today and nearly fell off my chair when i was told that that they wanted just shy of £36 for one.
i know that in the whole grand scheme of things £36 pound is not much but for a relay that costs around £1.00 to make its daylight robbery. incase you havent guessed i am from the uk, so i would like to find a uk retailer for it. here is the genuine part number 05293163aa its the grey rely to the right hand side of the 3 black ones that are attached to the slam panel any help would be great thanks

strongarm9001 12-11-2012 12:47 PM

HI
Iknow you only want uk infomation,but take a look at the usa price for the same items.
Search

strongarm9001 12-11-2012 12:51 PM

Can you explain how you know its the relay giving problems, becaused i have a problem of no power at the glow plugs but the glow plug light comes on then off

Gerald

dcotter0579 12-11-2012 09:01 PM

You won't find a price for a USA glow plug relay because Chrysler never sold the diesel version of the minivan over here. If it's a standard relay (which it might be), then try a generic relay and see if it works.
Rock Auto sells lots of parts for European cars and will quote you a price in pounds. Check out their website.

geegar233 12-12-2012 04:24 AM

hi as you take the relay out and inspect it closely i noticed it was discoloured on one of the pins and part of the plastic piece of relay is melted slightly, thus leading to a damaged/ shorted inner, once i have fitted the new one i will take this apart just to kill my curiosity.

the relay dosent control your glow plug light on the dashboard, just because the light is on it dosent mean that your glow plugs are working. you could check to see if you are getting power to the relay holder with a multi meter as i did, and if no power past this point then i can only assume that this is the fault, if you got no power to relay holder then it might be the fuse has gone, it might be best to check this first

geegar233 12-12-2012 04:31 AM

thanks for your replies so far, i have just clicked on the link for the u.s price $24 so by the time you do pound to doller conversion it works out at about £18 thats half price, its nice to know that us brits love getting robbed dont you think

geegar233 12-13-2012 07:30 AM

ate humble pie

hi all i have eaten humble pie just ordered one through main dealer as cant find one anywhere