New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

New 300C owner with issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Default New 300C owner with issues

Hi all
just picked up a 2007 300C with the 5.7. it had been sitting for 4 years so I have a few things to do to get it running again
. empty and clean gas tank replaced primary fuel pump and 2nd sending unit, pulled fuel rail and injectors and cleaned. changed oil and filter
replace both front CV shafts, changed trans fluid and filter and Here is where I have my problem..... I think
the fluid was pretty low, I got about 3 qts out of it and the oil was black, it didn't smell scorched and there was no metal, not even dust on the magnet
However here is what I'm experiencing, sometimes, not always but always if it has sat a while parked it will grind really bad, if you push the throttle it will grind it self down to a stop as if the brakes are applied if you were to stay on the gas. I don't of course. now sometimes this only happens for a second or 2 and just go away, other times you have to just gently drive it for minute or 2 and it will stop doing it and then drive smooth as glass, it shifts out smooth and doesn't make any noise other then on that first take off after it's been parked for more than an hour or 2. so being new to all wheel drive I can only guess if this is transmission related
I have lifted the car and hand checked all the wheels for bearing play and the only one with a tiny amount is the left rear and it also is coding for implausible wheel speed on the ABS, I figure faulty wheel sensor on that.
is there anything I should or can check before taking this thing to a transmission shop to have them put it on a reader and tell me I need 3500.00 trans rebuild
Thanks in advance for your thoughts