Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Chrysler, plus other 2 Pushing for High Gas tax! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/chrysler-plus-other-2-pushing-high-gas-tax-7299/)

DR4x4Hemi 01-13-2009 10:29 AM

Chrysler, plus other 2 Pushing for High Gas tax!

So Chrysler and the other two are pushing congress for higher gas taxes, to help push the cost back up to or above $4.00 a gallon for gas???

Guess what Jerks, this happens and I will never buy one of your products again! Period !

I for one do not buy into this Gore, liberal man made Global warming concept either, and it is being proven wrong yearly if not daily! It is a flat out Lie ! You want to push your small "green" cars on us, I'll go to foreign auto's, or buy older vehicles, not of your brands, if you keep on this track, ofPushing this concept and pushing to charge Us, the U.S. consumer to pay Higher freak'in taxes on gasoline !

You can go stick it where the sun don't shine!
The nerve of you people, you get a bail out from us, and then you stick it in our backs !

Screw You !

xfire04 01-13-2009 10:42 AM

RE: Chrysler, plus other 2 Pushing for High Gas tax!

WELL SAID with you all the way

dcotter0579 01-13-2009 09:48 PM

I certainly agree with the sentiment, but I doubt that expressing it here will accomplish much. This is the UNofficial Chrysler forum. Maybe a real letter might actually get read by some flunky and passed on.
If what he says is true, it's an obvious attempt at getting some return on investment in these 'green' cars, which sane people absolutely won't buy when gas is $2.00 a gallon. It sure is a stick in the eye of the customers, though.
On the other hand, save your wrath for the government which will actually pass any gasoline tax.
Meanwhile, I'd go out and shovel some of that global warming off my driveway but it's just too cold right now.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-13-2009 10:48 PM

Where did u get the info that Chrysler is wanting higher gas price?

DR4x4Hemi 01-14-2009 06:37 AM

Chrsyler Tech
I got this info. from a few local news sources. WLS, WISN, etc. I've heard this now for a couple of days.
I understand this is not an official Chrysler site, but it is one i came across while searching out an official contact means. It does go to show, that not everyone is hearing andor paying attention to the news being given.
I also understand it is our crooked Gov. that will be having the final word on the raising of gas taxes! This is also a sentiment by the Liberal left, who do not want anyone to own or drive an SUV and or Pick up trucks. The ones who do not believe anyone should have to own a 4X4 anything! The ones who have now for the last few years or so, have demonized petrolium!
The sad thing is, the "BIG" 3, have fallen in line with this concept, instead of given the facts behind the lies! One fact, these so called "GREEN" automobiles, are not, really all that "GREEN"!
Another fact, going to blended alcohol, is not an efficient alturnitive to petrolium, and actually is also not a better "GREEN" approach when all things are taken into consideration to produce enough Alcohol to make a difference. Even the earlier 10% blends are not as efficient as straight gasoline! Bottom line is, I am more then fed up with the lies of the whole thing! And people like myself need to start speaking up, and challenging these lies!
Another lie that was just reported and uncovered recently on Sundays 20/20, it was not, a supply and demand issue that caused the hike in gas prices to $4.00 a gallon ! It was speculation, and investors in banks such as AIG, causing the problem! Not to forget the push from the likes of the Gore type of croonies!
And yes, I do send signed letters to my Reps, stating the same things I am stating here.
Stating it here, helps to get the word out ! Investigate it for yourselves !

Al B 01-14-2009 06:01 PM

There are lots of people who read what you are writing DRHemi, and I support you. I also believe there is no global warming, it's simply a transition the world goes through, as found with a little investigation. I also believe that the gas price gouge was because of speculators, and speculators alone, freakin' idiots if you ask me.Ruffling the economy fortheir economicgain... these idiots are playing mulitple guess with our lives, someone needs to pay for their mistakes.

History is also repeating itself once again. Did you know that a few car makers and fuel companies bought out all the trains in the early days of the car, so to sell cars and fuel???(Isn't it ironic that our cities are now struggling to build train systems to help with commuting)I see these green cars as the same thing, ramming the electric crap down our throats to make them more money, and then waste it away, then threaten the economy with their demise.... What a mess our society is in... makes me sad for my children.

xfire04 01-14-2009 07:36 PM

makes me sad for my grandkids they have a rough road in front of them will see what the new pres will do god pless America

dcotter0579 01-14-2009 08:38 PM

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about 'speculators'. Oil is a commodity, it's bought and sold in an open market. Nobody can sell unless somebody buys. That's how a market works. Every transaction requires a willing buyer and a willing seller.If somebody thinks the price is going to go up, he will buy now for a price that he thinks will yield him a profit later. If a bunch of 'speculators' bid up the price of a commodity because they think the price is going to be rising, the price will naturally rise. When the price rises, sellers will be more likely to sell, the supply increases and the price falls.
Now what do you suppose happened to those 'speculators' who were buying oil at $200/barrel? When it fell to $50, they lost their shirts.
The people who made money were those that sold into the market when it was high. By doing so, they caused the price to fall. So the reason we have cheap oil today is precisely because of the people who made money in the market. The reason we had high priced oil last summer was because of dumb people who blew a lot of their own money chasing after oil at $175/barrel. The market has punished them quite nicely.

When the government interferes in the market, it screws things up invariably. The more it interferes, the more things get screwed up. It happens every time.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-15-2009 09:50 AM

DR4 I was asking where u got that info i wanted to read it. If u could tell me where the global warming is suppose to start because it passed by GA in the teens humm some one forgot to tell the rest of us that global warming is not started yet. I wanted to see what the basis of them wanting to get high gas price to go up that does not make much sence to me on that matter.
If the gas price is up dont the big 3 also haft to pay for it at that price to run the plants and heat the buildings so there cost of running the places and plants just went up there over head just got bigger and now with having to get money from the feds that made less for them to use in other areas to make there company run better. So if u dont mind I would like to see that info first hand and see what I can see.

DR4x4Hemi 01-15-2009 09:52 AM

Al B,
I agree 100% with what you said.

xfire04,
Yes, my children, and my grand children, May God help them. Cause us stupid humans sure are not going too.

dcotter0579
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about 'speculators'. Oil is a commodity, it's bought and sold in an open market. Nobody can sell unless somebody buys. That's how a market works. Every transaction requires a willing buyer and a willing seller.If somebody thinks the price is going to go up, he will buy now for a price that he thinks will yield him a profit later. If a bunch of 'speculators' bid up the price of a commodity because they think the price is going to be rising, the price will naturally rise. When the price rises, sellers will be more likely to sell, the supply increases and the price falls.

I realize this may be how it works, but the is messed up. Things should work on facts, and not be allowed to be based on speculation, and in this case false speculation to make things work out for a few, and not all !

Call me crazy, but I am old school, do unto others as they would unto you ! At leastI try very hard to.
As for the new prez... I have zero faith in him and his crowd ! The majority of them Are the Global Warming Idiot proponents! And the is where the hike in the gas tax started, the big 3 CEO's are following that trend, and were supposed to continue with that proposal, and actually strongly suggest this is what needs to be done, to help promote this "Green" B.S. mentallity!
The new pres. the head speaker for the liberal dem party, as well as the party itself,are alldemonizing petrolium! Lies is what they are spewing, and the sheep are falling for the lies!

This gas tax increase proposal is just wrong !