Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Dealer can’t deliver vehicle I purchased (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/dealer-can%92t-deliver-vehicle-i-purchased-8392/)

Shawnn 05-14-2009 09:43 PM

Dealer can’t deliver vehicle I purchased

I was in the market for a new 2008.5 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel for my wife and my five week old baby boy. I closed on a vehicle that was the exact model, color and options I wanted. I even went over my budget as it had the hard to get NAV system and the color. In the deal I was trading in two older vehicles to make the price work for us. I was unhappy with the offer they gave me on one of my trades (Ford F-350) and pulled it out of the deal. I was able to sell it, subjected to purchasing a new vehicle, privately for much more money than they offered. I called the dealer back and informed them that I have sold my F-350 and would like to proceed with the deal now with a $10,000.00 cash down payment and my wife’s car as a trade.

We closed the deal and setup financing and a delivery date was set for the end of the week. I was to come in with the $10.000.00 and my wife’s car and pickup our new vehicle. I made arrangements for the new owner to pick my F-350 and close the deal with payment. I received a phone call from the deal a few hours after selling my F-350 telling me they no longer have access to the vehicle I closed on and had financing in place.
I have been told my options are cancel the deal, get a different color without the NAV system with more options (same price) or move up to the next model that has NAV system and more options and pay more.

I can’t cancel the deal as I have sold my vehicle and can’t ask for the new owner to return it. I want the NAV system but can’t afford to move up to the next model and pay more as I have already gone past my budget.

I guess my question is how far should the dealer go to deliver the vehicle I purchased with the options and color I want without costing me more?

dcotter0579 05-14-2009 09:57 PM

Do you have this deal in writing? If so, the dealer needs to provide you with the car you agreed to at the agreed price. There are hundreds if not thousands of unsold cars sitting on lots all across the country. The dealer can find the right car if he needs to. It's a simple Uniform Commercial Code problem. You might want to talk to a lawyer.

Shawnn 05-14-2009 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 (Post 27630)
Do you have this deal in writing? If so, the dealer needs to provide you with the car you agreed to at the agreed price. There are hundreds if not thousands of unsold cars sitting on lots all across the country. The dealer can find the right car if he needs to. It's a simple Uniform Commercial Code problem. You might want to talk to a lawyer.

This is a new car Chrysler dealership in Vancouver Canada. The vehicle was not on the lot but I was told it was in a holding lot and was working off the vehicle option sheet. This deal was in writing with a $1000.00 deposit. I also went into the finance office and was approved for financing as well. I was to return to the dealership in next two days with the remaining $10,000.00 down payment and my wife’s trade and have the vehicle delivered.

The dealer is looking for another one with the same options and color. They found one in Alberta but the dealership will not do a dealer trade.

I’m thinking a lawyer would cost more than just upgrading to the next model, LOL

I’m thinking of calling Chrysler Canada and see if they can get the dealer ship in Alberta to release the vehicle that they have sold me.

levistar 05-15-2009 09:58 AM

Why not just a deal with the dealer in Alberta?? Road trip would be nice. Chrysler Canada is not in as much trouble as Chrysler USA and the Alberta dealers are doing better then the rest of north america,but they still NEED to deal.

Al B 05-22-2009 06:25 PM

BULL. Have the Hongcouver dealership buy the Jeep from the Alberta dealership and ship it to them for you to pick up. Dealerships buy and sell from one another all the time. My Ram is a prime example. Talk to the dealer principal, explain the situation and hope, just hope it works. Tell them they won't get all happy faces if they don't! lol

Shawnn 05-23-2009 11:08 AM

I had to cancel the deal as the dealership could not provide a vehicle I wanted. It was going to be a color I didn’t like with aftermarket options and cost me more than the original vehicle did. I’m mostly pissed at Chrysler Canada as they left me hanging as they said that they have no control over the dealerships and that I have to work out the problem myself.

It was a real learning experience for me and I will never purchase a vehicle without seeing it first and I would never recommend purchasing from Columbia Chrysler in Richmond!

Michaelr 05-24-2009 08:05 PM

They should bust there clackers to fix you up! You sold you other car based on the deal they had signed up to.