Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   i really need advice on my sebring coupe?! runs but wont move (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/i-really-need-advice-my-sebring-coupe-runs-but-wont-move-17316/)

cfesus 04-09-2012 04:42 PM

i really need advice on my sebring coupe?! runs but wont move

i was driving my 2001 sebring on th freeway and it stopped working. the engine didnt die, but the car wouldn't accelerate. the car will turn on fine, when pushing the gas you hear the engine rev, rpm goes up, but car stays still. i put it in all gears, feels the same as before, but nothing happens. i dont think hear any difference in the way the motor sounds. i checked trans fluid n oil both were ok. could my transmission have gone out completely?

scooby 05-26-2012 07:16 AM

Im by far not a qualified tech , but i see your not getting much of a response? yeah i think your tranny just died. however back in high school i had a car do that to me and it was the torque converter that was in need of being replaced. it was still close to a grand in repair cost's. but just get it checked out , you may get lucky? the more i think about it though , i borrowed a g/f's car this one time back in band camp (joke) i used her car to avoid putting miles on my new car that was a lease. anyway i was on the interstate and the same thing happened to me. after paying a $500 tow bill , yea the trans was shot.

jimmer256 06-25-2012 05:45 PM

2001 sebring

Well, the very same thing happened to me and as it turns out, it's the solenoid pack in the tranny. It's located in the front of the enging, next to the bell housing, and covered by a black pan. The same pan that you see when you check the fluid for the tranny. Take off that cover and there it is. You can't miss it because it's got 5 different solenoids attached to it. Good luck.

kro777 10-08-2012 09:59 PM

i put it in all equipment, seems the same as before, but nothing happens. i don't think listen to any distinction in the way the engine appears to be.

----------
Online oil painting shop -- Oilpainting-shop.com

Green Zone Body Shop Inc 11-02-2012 02:13 PM

Time to take it to the shop i guess?

LeandroRange 11-12-2012 03:15 AM

Im by far not a qualified tech , but i see your not getting much of a response? yeah i think your tranny just died.

anjumnadeem 02-28-2013 03:26 AM

i really need advice on my sebring coupe?! runs but wont move

Im by far not a qualified specialized , but i see your not getting much of a response? really i think your transferring just approved away. however coming back in additional school i had a car do that to me and it was the rotating ripper resources that was in need of being modified. it was still near to a large in fix cost's. but just get it analyzed out , you may get lucky? the more i think about it though , i acquired a g/f's car this once coming back in team hiking (joke) i used her car to avoid putting miles on my new car that was a lease. anyway i was on the street and the same aspect happened to me. after investing a $500 tow bill , yea the trans was taken.

anddrival 08-13-2013 09:59 AM

I also don't think listen to any distinction in the way the engine appears to be.Anyhow thanks to all here for nice contribution.

dcotter0579 08-15-2013 03:16 PM

I guess this must be the forum where people go to practice posting using an internet translator. Nothing here makes the least bit of sense.

anddrival 10-21-2013 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by anddrival (Post 72521)
I also don't think listen to any distinction in the way the engine appears to be.Anyhow thanks to all here for nice contribution.

Our Solutions