Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Navagation System Update (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/navagation-system-update-30562/)

Garye 03-25-2019 07:21 PM

Navagation System Update

I just bought a new 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited one year ago. The navigation system can't find my daughter's house in a large development that has been there for over 5 years. I also could not find a soccer field that is in Charlotte N.C. that has been there for over 6 years. Does Chrysler not think that these systems need to be updated with all these directions. I had the same problem even with all the newest updates on my 2008 T&C Limited. My hand held TomTom can find anything I've ever put into it and it only cost $150 with free lifetime updates ! Too back Chrysler's system is not that smart after I spent $40,000 on it.

REBEL59 03-25-2019 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Garye (Post 109926)
I just bought a new 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited one year ago. The navigation system can't find my daughter's house in a large development that has been there for over 5 years. I also could not find a soccer field that is in Charlotte N.C. that has been there for over 6 years. Does Chrysler not think that these systems need to be updated with all these directions. I had the same problem even with all the newest updates on my 2008 T&C Limited. My hand held TomTom can find anything I've ever put into it and it only cost $150 with free lifetime updates ! Too back Chrysler's system is not that smart after I spent $40,000 on it.

WOW! That much for a navigation system??? How much more was the rest of the vehicle????:confused::rolleyes:

Garye 03-26-2019 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by REBEL59 (Post 109927)
WOW! That much for a navigation system??? How much more was the rest of the vehicle????:confused::rolleyes:

You do understand it comes with a vehicle surrounding it.

REBEL59 03-26-2019 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Garye (Post 109930)
You do understand it comes with a vehicle surrounding it.

WHEW! As I drive OLDER vehicles...you had me worried that new vehicle prices had risen to better than 3x the price of my house!

BiliTheAxe 03-26-2019 01:09 PM

That problem is not always caused by the updates, but rather by the municipalities that fail to notify the people who do the maps of changes to roadways and reallocations of lot numbers.
I was still driving trucks when GPS's were becoming more common, and you would see the same things with brand new paper maps, where the maps showed things that did not exist yet, or in some cases did not show roads that existed. The Town I live in now, up till about ten years ago still showed an area of the town that was proposed to be built, with roads and everything, but that had never been built. If you followed the map, you would find yourself in a swamp.
There was even a multilane highway, that had been completed for years, that still showed even on new maps as still being under construction and incomplete.

When I switched to driving medical transports, it was not uncommon in certain areas of New Jersey for the GPS (Garman and Tom Tom) to send you in the wrong direction on a road, because the local municipality had reallocated the building numbers, but failed to notify the map people of the new locations.

Based on my personal experience with many many miles using both maps and GPS the issue is not the updates, it's the people working in those towns who are failing to pass on the new data to the map people.
They cannot update the map software if municipalities and state officials are not telling them about the changes.

chasenjack 05-30-2019 02:19 AM

it is available for user to update the navigation by ourselves?

Garye 05-31-2019 02:28 PM

the older system could be updated after paying $150 or so for a new disk. But the problem is Chrysler seems to only update the major roads and forgets about the neighbor hoods and other locations. They should contact TomTom because it always has the new areas in their updates.

BiliTheAxe 05-31-2019 06:52 PM

Read the posts in this thread. It may help with the updating maps to more current versions.
Not really sure what years are covered by it, but it is worth looking in to.
https://www.300cforums.com/forums/ca...012-300-a.html