Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Sebring Alert! Anyone have any issues w/ their Sebring? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/sebring-alert-anyone-have-any-issues-w-their-sebring-8012/)

seafoamsammie 04-05-2009 09:20 PM

Sebring Alert! Anyone have any issues w/ their Sebring?

So my '04 Sebring has been my first &only car. And with all the trouble I've had with it, I was wondering if anyone else out there has had any issues with their Sebrings!

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. Just with everything that has happened to it, its like a brand new car all over again. &when I got it, it wasn't in bad shape at all!:p

CHRYSLER TECH 04-05-2009 10:17 PM

that is kinda a large spectrum u are asking for every car has it issues, some are made by people some are made by people that dont know what they are doing trying to fix a car and some are just common.

seafoamsammie 04-06-2009 08:46 AM

well the past two winters, my transmission has tried to go in it.
'cause i know things go wrong with cars, its common, it happens.
but i just thought that for the transmission (thankfully i caught it in time), to attempt to go twice, as more than just a coincidence.

dcotter0579 04-06-2009 05:04 PM

Transmissions are expensive and complex things. They respond well to tlc. Be sure to change the fluid as recommended by the manufacturer, and use exactly the recommended fluid.
I own 2 Sebrings, a 2001 and a 2002. Knock wood, but the transmissions on both are working well, so I can't suggest that there is a common problem there.

CHRYSLER TECH 04-06-2009 06:43 PM

as i said b4 what is wrong with teh trans a trans that U say on the point of going out does not fix itself nor a small repair fix a trans going out. U can have minor repairs such as sensor issue or leaks and neither one will cause major issues.

seafoamsammie 04-06-2009 06:48 PM

oh trust me, i know the price of what things can cost.
my car is an '04 sebring. and i love driving it. i don't beat
on it, i'm not a crazy driver. its my only car, if something
happens to that... good luck. i'm a college student, i don't
have cash in my back pocket to buy a new car. haha.

but oh man, with all the stuff that has happened.
this '04 might as well be brand new. it has a brand
new battery as of last may. because of course, right
before graduation- a sophmore backed into me.
battery acid everywhere.

but even before the battery incident.. the transmission
had some issues. and my a/c didn't work for the longest
time. i've had problems with my fan/filter. (sorry i'm not
good with car-lingo yet).

but i can list the things that have gone wrong.. haha.

it was just a curious question. its my first car. & i love it
but with all the issues i've had.. i just wasn't sure if it was
a common thing- transmission- air-filters. or what not. :eek:

:)i love getting feedback!

seafoamsammie 04-15-2009 12:22 PM

"Chrysler tech" I'm sorry but I don't understand your wording.

CHRYSLER TECH 04-15-2009 05:29 PM

describe the issues that U are having one by one.

seafoamsammie 04-15-2009 10:37 PM

one by one? oh man.

currently. front break pads.
bent rims/wheels. (whichever you prefer calling them).

i have had issues with the:
transmission. twice.
ball joints.
air filter.
there was something else, but i can't remember.

CHRYSLER TECH 04-16-2009 07:22 PM

not vary descriptive

dcotter0579 04-17-2009 03:45 PM

"currently. front break pads." That's a wear item. After five years you SHOULD be having an "issue" with the brake pads.

"bent rims/wheels. (whichever you prefer calling them)." There's basically one way to get bent rims, and it come from hitting things. That's not a problem of the car. The problem there is the nut that holds the steering wheel.

"i have had issues with the:
transmission. twice." Can you outline the preventitive maintenance that was done to prevent these "issues"?

"ball joints." Also a wear item, but can be aggravated by doing whatever is necessary to bend rims.

"air filter." You have to change the air filter regularly, it's part of regular maintenance.

"there was something else, but i can't remember." Guess it wasn't as serious as the air filter.

Cars need maintenance and don't do well when they are abused. That's not the fault of the car, it's just the way things are.

seafoamsammie 04-19-2009 04:28 PM

chrystler tech = correction- very*

and i'm sorry, but your not very helpful.
i don't know all the car lingo. and your
asking me to talk about oranges when
i can only describe apples.

thanks for the "help"

CHRYSLER TECH 04-19-2009 08:27 PM

nope u still have not describe any issue

seafoamsammie 04-21-2009 12:56 PM

i'm done with you chrysler tech.

povar 05-11-2009 06:29 AM

Transmissions are expensive and complex things. They respond well to tlc. Be sure to change the fluid as recommended by the manufacturer, and use exactly the recommended fluid.

CHRYSLER TECH 05-11-2009 09:27 PM

Here is the down and dirty when u go to the DR so u say I hurt I hurt I hurt???
nope u tell him my legs is cramping after I do this and so on or I have head pain when I lay down this is what I need basic stuff my trans does not shift when I go over 45.
How do u expect any one to do anything when all u say is this is my car is broke what do i fix?