Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Other (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/other-23/)
-   -   93 LeBaron -- Made SOME Progress -- Simpler question (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/other-23/93-lebaron-made-some-progress-simpler-question-3965/)

Princessmobile 10-16-2007 04:10 AM

93 LeBaron -- Made SOME Progress -- Simpler question

Hi, All:

Been meaning to get back to ya as soon as this happened, but I'm going to college now AND working full time, too. I'm doing very well at both, I might add, but they do both suck up the time and energy. LOL

Anyway, my car confirmed one of my suspicions for me. The blower motor and power windows work fine except when the Air Bag light is on. I found out when the Air Bag light went off once with my AC blower on and startled the Wookiees out of me! So, that tells me that the problem is in the supplemental restraint system wiring. The only place where I have elements of the SRS that appear to be connected to the blower motor and the power window system is in an area behind the glove box in the cowl area.

I visually checked the front-end crash sensors as well as I could and didn't see any obvious bare wiring there, so that also pretty much leaves the cowl. Therefore, if anyone can provide any advice about working in the cowl area, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Princess

Cordoba Man 10-16-2007 12:03 PM

RE: 93 LeBaron -- Made SOME Progress -- Simpler question

The only time I ever saw a problem like that was with my Caravan. My rear wiper quit and the SRS light came on. I was a little worried driving with that light on. I wondered if it was going to blow out at me.
Turns out it was just a fuse.
If it's not that, then the easiest thing to do is to find a book with the schematic in it for your car. Just look to see where all these things have a common wire or something.
I also had that happen to my van. The injectors and the coils quit at the same time. No gas and no spark. It was a wire from the computer that supplies power to trigger both. It was rubbed through.
Now I have a little problem like that with my Sebring on the power window and power door locks.

Princessmobile 10-17-2007 10:48 PM

Thanks, Cordobaman. The only area I know of where all three come together like that in my car is behind the glove box, based on the schematics that I have. So, I get to tear all that out soon. It will have to wait until I get my starter fixed, though.

Cheers,
Princess

Cordoba Man 10-18-2007 05:06 PM

Well, good luck. If you have a test meter, that may help too. Could just be a wire in the harness rubbed through.

moe 10-19-2007 03:04 PM

hey cordoba man,you still have that "53 IH"? i had a "54" IH pickup.great truck!miss it, moe

Cordoba Man 10-20-2007 10:46 AM

Yep. It's sitting outside right now waiting for another phase of restoration. I haven't had time lately, but it's sure a good truck to work on. Runs real nice too.

moe 10-20-2007 01:23 PM

nice,i had a 54 ih with a silver diamond 220 eng.i put 400 engine in it and auto trans,a/c,and power steering.had to sell it for my first house :( moe

Cordoba Man 10-21-2007 06:15 AM

Mine is the 220 silver diamond. '51 was the first year for the overhead valves. 67 hp, I think.
This summer I saw one with a chev 1/2 ton frame and drivetrain / suspension. It was a L-130 extended cab.