Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Other (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/other-23/)
-   -   FNG here with a Chrysler Conquest (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/other-23/fng-here-chrysler-conquest-918/)

Sanguinius 01-01-2006 02:24 PM

FNG here with a Chrysler Conquest

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum but am on various others (Mod on Mitsubishiforum.com, member Dodgeforum.com, fordforum.com, hyundaiforum.com, mazdaforum.com... Basically most of the ***forum.com's) Recently acquired an '88 Conquest and will soon be starting work on rebuilding the engine. (Low pressure in a cylinder figured might as well rebuild it from the ground up for power :D ). Anyone have any suggestions for me? It has the mitsu 2.6 turbo power plant and a 5 speed trans.

Sneezer 01-03-2006 07:32 PM

RE: FNG here with a Chrysler Conquest

Please don't post links to other forums. Thanks :)

Those are your best bets for Conquest info. The engine was a pure Mitsu design, not as good as the turbo dodge 2.2/2.4 mills in the Daytonas and other cars of the time. Nice little car though, and rwd which is a plus IMO. Good luck on the rebuild.

Sanguinius 01-03-2006 07:45 PM

Tahnks I really appreciate the info. I know it's a mitsu mill but mitsu has been putting out some good power (Can we say the 4G63T?). It should be a good solid one to play with and give me a nifty little toy. Though I agree the 2.2 that Chrysler had is a MUCH better plant. I have owned at LEAST 5 cars with that plant and TRIED killing at least 1 of them and it would NOT die. LOL... Blew the head gasket in that car TWICE and the engine STILL ran. Had a SOLID sheet of foam between the curtain and the valve cover. And it was running all up to the point my brother took the car (After I joined the service) was gonna make a demo car outta it and tore the computer out. He couldn't figure out why he wasn't getting gas LOL.

Sneezer 01-13-2006 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Please don't post links to other forums. Thanks :)

How else is he going to find the info? No way is a new forum going to attract anything close to the number of enthusiasts on a car that hasn't been made since 1989, already has 3 fairly active forums supporting it, and the engine and car design never carried over to other vehicles. Tristarion and Starquest has a wealth of info on these cars, and it will never find its way to a sub forum on a site devoted to current gen Chrysler cars. The Conquest/Starion was only stateside from 83-89 anyway, and doesn't have anywhere near the following as the TD cars (Daytona, Omni, Shadow, Spirit, etc.)

Glad I could point you in the right direction Sanguinius. Good luck with the car, I always liked them although I hate the door mounted seatbelt. There was a guy who came up with an MPI manifold for them so you could ditch the 2 injector setup. Supposed to make good power, but a little pricey.