Archive - For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1977 Chrysler new Yorker Brougham

Old 06-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Post 1977 Chrysler new Yorker Brougham

I have for sale a 1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham with 46,674 original, 2 door, 440 Lean Burn, Black exterior, black interior. Car currently does not run and most certainly needs a new battery and battery cables to begin troubleshooting that issue. Car is in need of some TLC and repair. Pics can be seen here:

Best offer is the price.

Known history:
Car was purchased new in 1977 in KY and until within the last month has been a one owner car. Car has resided in FL for about the last 12 years. Car has been recently transferred to me so I can legally sell or dispose of the vehicle. I have a clean, clear KY title in hand.

Known issues:
1: Will not start - Possibly dues to bad battery and cables. However, I believe there may be an issue with the ignition relay or something to do with the position of the shift lever on the column. I can pull "up" on the lever and get the dash lights to go off, as if the car were going to start, but that's it. Since then I have not had enough battery power, even after 48 hours of charging to further troubleshoot as well as I am not an electrical genius.

2: Car has several rust spots and holes as well as scrapes. I do not know how these occurred as until recently I had not seen the car for several years.

3: Interior needs redone. To my knowledge, all interior pieces are with the car. interior is in a state of disassembly due to electrical troubleshooting by my father, the previous owner.

4: Rear brake pedal mount broke some years ago and needs proper repair.

5: One of the wheel brakes may be faulty. I do not know which wheel as my father could not remember but he did say a shop looked at it and tried to repair it. It had something to do with a valve and they could not locate a part and apparently tried to make one. Again, this info was verbally passed to me and I have no first hand knowledge.

6: Door switches most likely need repaired or replaced.

7: Radio Antenna does not lower all the way and may not raise/lower at all. I am unable to verify operation.

8: When the car was in running condition, there was an apparent issue with the engine timing varying. As has been relayed to me, there was an incident where apparently my mother ran the car without oil and the engine locked up. My suspicion is that maybe the timing chain is stretched but I cannot confirm this. The car ran well for many years after that incident and this may be indicative of age. The engine currently has aftermarket valve covers, which my father says seemed to make an improvement. Again, I cannot verify this.

If you have further questions, I can attempt to answer them as best I can, or see if my father can provide answers.

Thank you for your time.

Vincent