Archive - 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Airbrushing Instruction Needed PLEASE !

Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Default Airbrushing Instruction Needed PLEASE !

hey Guys,
I am an avid fan of graphics & airbrushing, my problem is I have NO Talent for either. I have been trying to teach myself, and apparently I am a poor student & a worse Teacher.
I am hoping to find someone who does airbrushing in/around the Charleston, South Carolina area ( within 50 miles ) , that wouldn't mind me kinda 'hanging' around your shop for awhile, and watch how things are done. Maybe I can pick up some tips on how to do some things. I really couldn't afford a one-on-one instructor ( retired & disabled old guy ), but would do what I could to help out around the shop from time to time; clean up," gopher ", etc. If you are this person that wants to share his/her knowledge with someone who wants to learn the right way, please send an email to me. I would be most appreciative.
email is : sreeves15@comcast.net
Respectfully Submitted,
Stan aka Lik2race
PS- Here are a few "Engine Covers"I have done, nothing 'Award Winning'

Old 02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
moe
Default RE: Airbrushing Instruction Needed PLEASE !

hey stan,i've been airbrushing for over 20 years,the problem is i live in new jersey.the one tip i can offer you is purchase a great airbrush.like iwata double action.you can really see and feel the difference,second go on to you tube and type in how to airbrush,there are some good artist on there.what i'm doing now is getting into tattooing with my kids.they already have a head start on me.i'm just starting out!good luck to you.ps.that is some nice work you've shown us.moe