Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Spark plugs-E3 vs Pulstar vs Bosch

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 PM

.....I GOT IT.....

You are a Double agent, Running PR for BOTH k+N and BOSCH......

I cant think of any other reason why you would exert so much energy to prove the MARKETING HYPE of someone elses Corporation...

My "NUMBERS" arent From a dealership repair standpoint alone....These were cars that came to MY service bay..... Hands-On...

They didnt NEED to be repaired, before someone sold them the HYPE of Better gas mileage and more horsepower, and delivered a car that would barely Idle.... One or two, maybe....a fluke...Ok it happens....But 17.....

After your time at GM.....havent you learned anything about HYPE....

I'll bet youre going to try and sell us all "TORNADO'S" next huh???

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 07-07-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 AM

riveter77 lost all credibility when he mentioned "Vortex Cyclone". I think you could easily add 25 more HP if you ran Royal Purple, ebay performance chip, and ebay electric supercharger...all for less than $100!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 AM

As for the dyno test was it the same temp outside each time? what about the baro was it the same or the density of the air what was it?
I believe the temps were similar but not sure about the rest. I know it was sunny both days.

"math will only get you so far because unless you have tried these things" What is this are u for real? Ever heard of placebo effect? U want something to work so badly u will disregard any common sense u have. Math and physics when it comes to machines is what rules the roost.
OK I agree. Math and Physics are the makers of all things good and evil..BUT, the equations soon end and the trial and error part begins. This is true physical testing. This is were numbers are run and MATH equations are corrected. Tell me you dissagree with that, from one Tech to another.

You are a Double agent, Running PR for BOTH k+N and BOSCH......
OK, I dont have a K&N Filter in my truck...I have a Vortec. The Intake came with the Vortex Cyclone. Still dont care what it does but it was free so I installed it.

After your time at GM.....havent you learned anything about HYPE....
I know about Hype from when I was at GM. I've seen things you would never imagine comming through that shop floor. But, I suppose the only good thing that parts companies have going for them now is this: the Federal Governments stringent laws and regulations not just promote true advertising but enforce regulations on false advertising. This is part of Obamas big push to get all cars to 50+ MPG. Dont believe me, look it up. This elminates all the crazies and leaves only the ones that have really done their research. Do I believe all of the adds I see? Heck NO!!!

Why did u not put the E3 plugs in your ram or wrangler then talk to us then
OK, this is the big one! DONT GET E3 PLUGS. I bought some just for you Chrysler Tech, and put them in by Jeep. It ran great...for 6 days then 2 of the plugs took a crap! I see what mean by not putting them in Chrystler products. Sorry, I wasted everyones time. I figured that I could put my 2 cents in but I guess I forgot to look at the currency. Needless to say, I put the OEMs back in my Jeep and it runs great

My OEM plugs for my Titan were the NGK Dbl Pltnm. I recently took out the E3s because of my Jeep test and put my other set of new plugs back in, the Bosch Pltnm Ir Fusions. My truck is still running great.

One thing I will say is this though. I didnt appreciate the negative and disrespectful comments towards me. I did my research and ran my numbers. I just hope that you guys dont treat other visitors like you treated me. Chrystler Tech, although you were the one that pi$$ed me off early, I think that you acctually came around and at least let me defend myself. I did listen to you in the end though and tried the Jeep test and found out for myself. Thanks for all the info!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

some times the school of hard knocks hurts and u learned it first hand. When u have 3 seasoned Chrysler techs telling u the same thing U would think u would listen to what we have been trained on and was telling you.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:10 AM

Again, I just figured since I had done some of my test then I could just put my 2 cents in, but I didnt figure that a Chrysler product would have such a different outcome. Granted, I could have just gotten a few bad plugs because my Jeep ran great for a few days. But, It's not something that you should try and try until you get a good set of plugs. Its just too expensive. My big thing was this: The E3s have so much metal sticking into the chamber, wouldnt that just get in the way of the flame kernel. Plus, there copper contacts. They heat up with every relvolution. Because of the surface area that they have, this would probably cause misfires or knocking. That was my math Chrystler Tech, and I did the trial and error and found the math to be true. At least on my Jeep it was. Of course, I wasnt going to take a chance on my Titan. Where did you get your training?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Went to a vocational collage for 2 years in a Chrysler Apprentices program for a 2 year associate degree then for the past 15 years been in Chrysler school like most other Chrysler techs. I am a Master Electrical,Engine performance,AC,Brake and Body mechanical.
As far as Chrysler is concerned.

U must remember that the mass air flow and speed density systems are completely different. The mass air flow relies on the main mass air flow sensor to basically control the whole motors function. The speed density is a math formula based off of some times up to 15 sensors to make the spark and fuel trim for the currant mili second of burn time.