Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 pacifica wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Default 2004 pacifica wont start

Good morning everybody.. I have a tough one for ya. I have a 2004 chrysler pacifica that wont start. I have full battery power, tried replacing the starter and still no go. The relays are good in the fuse box... I am out of ideas.... any suggestions?

Old 02-23-2010, 10:50 AM

Won't crank or cranks but does not start?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixit454
Won't crank or cranks but does not start?
+1, if it does crank... got fuel pressure? Check it at the rail with a guage.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:47 PM

hey fellow 04 owner.

take a pair of jumper cables and connect from the negative battery terminal to the engine block. use both the black and the red cables (more connection). this should work, temporarily, and then you will know your negative wire is no good. happened to me and several others.

the fix is a good sized wire directly from negative terminal to one of the starter bolts. (i used a 4 gauge) it starts like it never started before.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:14 PM

Petermichael you sir are a genius! That was exactly what the problem was! Wow what a job getting to that starter though hey, there were more than a few curse words after finding out I didnt have to replace the starter but went through all the aggravation! Thank you very much!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by petermichael
hey fellow 04 owner.

take a pair of jumper cables and connect from the negative battery terminal to the engine block. use both the black and the red cables (more connection). this should work, temporarily, and then you will know your negative wire is no good. happened to me and several others.

the fix is a good sized wire directly from negative terminal to one of the starter bolts. (i used a 4 gauge) it starts like it never started before.
Can anyone elaborate on what the bolded text is? I'm a bit confused with the "use of both the black and the red cables". I've placed the red cable on the positive post on the battery and the negative jumper cable onto the engine block and the pacifica still clicks but won't start. Sounds like the battery is dead but we tried a different battery and same thing.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:58 AM

I you have a good battery you shouldn't need the red cable at all. Just use the black clamps to jump from the negative end of the battery, the other end to the engine block.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM

I am also having a problem with my pacifica..i has been acting funny for a while, sometimes it would start right up, other times it won't turn over at all..no today I can;t get it to start at all...thought maybe the ignition switch was going out, but don't know what to try

Old 03-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

what does it do when u try and turn it over sounds actions?

Old 09-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Exclamation 2004 Pacifica - will not start - Fix $1.98 - Bad Ground

Ground wire no contact to block, would not let the PAC start

$1.98 at auto parts store, new copper end and it is all good now, starts with not problem.
Take off the drive side tire, and remove tired shroud thing. I just pulled it to the side. Oh yeh, lefty loosey, Righty Tighty. lol
Name:  006.jpg
Views: 8664
Size:  56.6 KB

Quick Reply: 2004 pacifica wont start