Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Bluetooth kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Default Bluetooth kit?

I have a REV radio (with the front aux ports) and would like to add the OEM bluetooth kit. Does anyone have a list of parts I need? I ideally would like the version that had the microphone & call buttons built into the mirror so I would need the mirror assembly as well.

I assume though old this works like any other modern hands free kit where radio playback pauses, I talk through the microphone and hear the person's voice through my speakers?

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2014, 01:19 PM

About as many replies as I expected to get

Old 09-27-2014, 02:28 AM

My '05 came standard with the bluetooth system. It is ok. Not great, ok. I think for the money (significantly less) you would be happier with a visor mount bluetooth device or similar. My son has used one for a number of years and it has worked well. Calls are clear, no "yelling", the device downloads his contact list, voices caller ID for incoming calls etc. The Pacifica is my Wife's car, and if necessary she prefers to use her Jawbone earpiece.

Here is a representative visor device. Here is a representative visor device.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by busboy4
My '05 came standard with the bluetooth system. It is ok. Not great, ok. I think for the money (significantly less) you would be happier with a visor mount bluetooth device or similar. My son has used one for a number of years and it has worked well. Calls are clear, no "yelling", the device downloads his contact list, voices caller ID for incoming calls etc. The Pacifica is my Wife's car, and if necessary she prefers to use her Jawbone earpiece.

Here is a representative visor device.
Is your kit the one that uses the radios speakers or has that external speaker? What radio does your Pacifica have?

Old 09-28-2014, 06:30 AM

I'm not sure the actual designator for the radio, but I have the full CD changer, DVD player with video screen and headphones and integrated navigation and the video/audio input ports. It does use the radio speakers and mirror buttons. It is the U-connect system.

Again it does work ok, responds to Siri etc. I just think that the overall voice/sound quality, ease of use and features are likely exceeded by a current technology aftermarket device.

Just an opinion. Happy to try and give you more info if you press on.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:20 AM

I'm not sure the actual designator for the radio, but I have the full CD changer, DVD player with video screen and headphones and integrated navigation and the video/audio input ports. It does use the radio speakers and mirror buttons. It is the U-connect system.

Again it does work ok, responds to Siri etc. I just think that the overall voice/sound quality, ease of use and features are likely exceeded by a current technology aftermarket device.

Just an opinion. Happy to try and give you more info if you press on.
If at all possible a pic of your radio would be awesome. No worries if you can't

Old 09-29-2014, 12:04 PM

Radio and Mirror

Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth kit?-img_2453.jpg   Bluetooth kit?-img_2463.jpg  
Old 09-29-2014, 04:21 PM

Radio and Mirror
When I try to see your images this is all I get:

protivakid, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:38 PM

See if this works. First try.:

https://app.box.com/s/zotgnh11cf0io9syf8pg

Old 09-30-2014, 04:09 PM

That helps a ton! So that is a regular radio then w/o the navigation built in. Does the caller info appear on the screen where the song info normally does?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth kit?