Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Flickering lights on our Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by yvonneras
Here are Ranzys photos I went ahead and got the photos for you today. I kind of wanted to wait to see if it was fixed before I got in there and started unhooking anything but I figured what could it hurt.

This is an over view of the battery area of my Pacifica.

Those are the ground wires that I added first when I thought it was a bad ground connection. I plan to leave them there because it won't hurt anything.

REMOVE YOUR BATTERY BEFORE YOU START THIS PROJECT. YOU KIND OF HAVE TO JUST TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FUSE BOX ANYWAY, BUT EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN GET TO IT WITHOUT REMOVING IT, DON'T DO IT. JUST REMOVE YOUR BATTERY! OK.

After you remove your battery you can see that the fuse box is hinged so that you can flip it over and get at the bottom.

Between the fuse box and the fender you will see the two levers to unlatch and flip the box over.

Here is a view of the box flipped over.

That black wire is what I added to the wiring harness. They did not have it in red at my Wal-Mart but I didn't care. It's a 4 gage wire, so it could carry the load even if I removed the factory wire all together. It is just a lawn and garden cable from Wal-Mart for about $4.00. Here is a closer look at the connection I made. I know it was not just a bad connection to the fuse box becaue I had already taken that connector off once during my trouble shooting and cleaned the connector with a wire brush and applied DeoxIT to the power connector and the plate that it bolts to on the fuse box.

Here are the two wires removed from the connector. You will have to bend the connector like that but it is easy to do.

Look at where the red wire goes into the black plastic cover for the connector. That is where I was able to just pull a little and it slipped out of the plastic. That is when I really knew it was bad. Try to pull on the wires at the other end and you will see that you can't budge them. Here it is really close up.

Here are the rest of my connections so that you can see exactly what I did. I did not remove any factory wiring. You can make the repair for less than $4.00 and you do not have to remove the covers from the wire harness to make this repair. I only did it to confirm that the wire from the battery really goes from the battery straight to the fuse box. If it made any other connections on the way, that could have been the problem, so I just wanted to make sure before I just added a wire to the fuse box. That is the other end of the black wire I added to the harness and you can see that it is easy to install onto the battery.

Here you can see where I attached the wire for the new connection to the body and engine.

If you want to do this one, I just took off one of the nuts for the strut mount and scrapped off the paint to make a good connection to the body. I tested the connection by removing the factroy ground wire and starting the car and turning on everything I could think of on the car. It worked just fine. The second wire just goes down to the bottom of the engine. I just removed a bolt from the engine that I had easy access to and bolted the wire to the engine.

I hope this helps some people out. I have never posted a fix to a forum before but I have sure read some. I really appreciate it when there are good photos to help me out, so I tried to post it like I would want if I found this post. Since you have to remove the battery to get in there and do the repair I did not have to stress this so hard. Electrical problems can be a nightmare but I think this is the fix. We drove the car a few times today and it was still solid as a rock.

Believe me, if this is not the answer then I will follow up and let you know. After all this ranting and a big write-up I hope I don't have to eat my words. But I don'twant to waste anybody's time replacing a wire if it didn't really fix my problem.

Ranzy
[/QUOTE]
I cannot see the pictures! Is there a way you could send them to me? I am trying to fix this problem with my 2005 chrysler sebring

Old 05-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Default Flickering Light Problem

Ranzy,

This is the exact problem I am having with my 05 Pacifica. I get a 404 error when trying to open the pictures you posted. Could you please re-post the pictures.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2014, 05:37 PM

I can email the pictures to you, just leave me your email address.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:43 AM

Thanks Michael for offering, but I found the link to the pictures. Found on page 8 and posted by mrfixit454 on 5/27/2010. Here is the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mrfixit4...eat=directlink

Old 05-19-2014, 02:24 PM

Michael,

Could you email me the photos?

Old 05-20-2014, 03:59 PM

Sure. What is your email address?

Old 05-21-2014, 04:26 AM

Be_rok@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!

Old 06-12-2014, 01:25 PM

While I do not have this specific problem, I would appreciate it if someone could e-mail the pictures to me as well Shadowride525@gmail.com
My problem has code U110C and from all the scouring around that I can find, I 'm convinced it's a ground issue. If any one has had a similiar issue and can advise where all ground points are, I would be grateful. I have already cleaned the 3 contacts on the frame rail and transmission behind the front wheel well and am in the process of replacing the braided ground strap that is on the top left side (looking at the engine from the front) which attaches to the motor mount and body snuggly underneath the air filter housing. Regards

Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 PM

This video may help some of you better understand just how the alternator can be the root cause of other problems. Now I know better about what to ask the shop about the testing rather than them saying that the alt is good and charging the batt ok. Hope this helps some of your problems. Let us know please. Thanks. *BW*

Old 06-17-2014, 09:07 PM

Barbara...thanks for trying to email me the link but it didn't work. Also, could not see the video. Can you give the HTTP link? Thanks & regards!

Quick Reply: Flickering lights on our Pacifica