Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Front auxiliary input/how to with iPod

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Default Front auxiliary input/how to with iPod

04 Pacifica with the 6 disc in-dash changer + DVD slot with front auxiliary input (red/white/yellow). In the past I have used a RCA-minijack adapter to plug in an iPod. But I have always had problems selecting the auxiliary source on the radio. Is there a proper sequence or process to make the auxiliary play on the radio?? Help....cross-country trip coming up, need reliable tunes!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Default RE: Front auxiliary input/how to with iPod

i use the RCA cable > ipod and it perfect.
Have your ipod playing and then select .. 'mode'..

AUX should appear.. make sure cables are in firm and the ipod is playing!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:08 PM

if you dont have the rear seat entertainment you can get an ipod adapter that integrates into your system for like 120 buks.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:34 AM

The Ipod/mpg player must be on before you switch modes on the stereo. On most Chrylser radios; If the stereo doesn't sense the player, it won't turn the aux input on.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:15 PM

Got an '04 Pac with radio and DVD player. I tried putting my iPod into the Aux ports but could never get the sound to go through the speakers.Then deciding to read the manual it was my understanding that the Aux port only played through the wireless headphones of the rear entertainment center and would not play through the car speakers. I don't have any wireless headphones for the car so I can't prove this theory. I assume if you plug an iPod or game device into the Aux port, the DVD player automagically sends the signal to the headphones, allowing the cabin speakers to be used for other listening pleasures. If any one knows how to getAux pipedthrough the car speakers so everyone can hear, I'm "all ears" and would love to know what I'm doing wrong!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 02:42 PM

In 2005, it took from Canton to Cambridge, OH on I-77 to figure out why I got no sound. Thought there would be no music for a 750 mile trip in the new Pacifica. Make sure the iPod volume is all the way up to the MAX on the click-wheel. Since there is not dedicated switch to invoke the AUX jacks, they only override the DVD when they are "sensed" as presenting a strong audio signal. With my iPod Mini even at the loudest, I would miss the very beginning of tracks because the DVD player would revert back away from the faceplate jacks if there was too much time between tracks or the beginning of a track was quieter. The electronics assume that the device is removed and default back to the DVD ready state. I now use a Nokia E71 with a Sony MBR-100 Bluetooth adapter connected to the audio jacks. Because the MBR-100 output is not as strong as the IPod Mini the problem is exacerbated, there are many softer audio selections that are not recognized at all. Very frustrating. Too bad there was not a simple face plate switch or a 4th toggle in the device rotation beyond AM/FM/AUX.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Smile Auxiliary adapter for music

I am new to the forum world. And still drive my old Town & Country. I wanted to play my smart phone music with my original radio and since my car is older, I found a great fix to do this. I bought and installed myself a Blitzsafe auxiliary, which was so easy. Now I can play any audio through my radio and it sounds so clear. I am just happy I did not go with replacing the radio and spending a fortune. And they are an american company, made here.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:28 PM

I am just adding to my post from over a year ago when I had purchased and installed an auxiliary from Blitzsafe. I didn't have to change my factory radio. I still have the same car and now I have just added the new Bluetooth from the same company. I am really happy with the sound quality of my music and how all the calls I receive are clear on my end and for the person I am speaking with. It also has an aux on the Bluetooth Box, so if I want to add something else I can. Great product and if you don't want to change your radio I highly recommend them.