Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

installing backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Default installing backup camera

I am going to try and install a license plate backup camera. I need to know how to take the insides apart to run the wires. Can someone tell me how to do this for the chrysler pacifica 2007?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by tia1971
I am going to try and install a license plate backup camera. I need to know how to take the insides apart to run the wires. Can someone tell me how to do this for the chrysler pacifica 2007?
If you are going to use one that fits on the license plate screws then you will need to run the wires into the tailgate. The easiest way to do that is to remove the whole license plate light holder. It is held on by four screws, drill a hole in it {it's plastic} to feed the wires from the camera. Then run the wires into the tail gate through the same hole that the light wires come out of. The inside trim is held on by plastic tabs and can be pried off with a good trim remover made from plastic. I bought mine at Harbour Freight. The wires can then be run up insided the gate and out of one of the rubber grommets that are on top of the gate. In the same area as the water tube for the washer. Remove the trim piece inside the top of the car, it is held on by tabs and I think two screws so look for caps on either side. From their I ran the wire down behind the side trim and under the carpet along side the doors just beside the rear seat. You do not need to remove the side panel in the cargo area you should be able to fish it annd then slip it under the panel and the carpet.
Remove the carpet trim pieces at the doors to get under the carpet.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:20 PM

Thank you for your insite. I have never done anything like this and I had bought this camera and a radio on ebay thinking I would save money. When I went to the local shop to see how much it was to install one they quoted me a price that was higher than buying one from them and having them install it. I am going to try and do this on my own along with the radio and I have no idea where to start I am one who sometimes likes a challenge and to save money!