Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Message (service tire system soon)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:30 PM

Sorry Chryslertech, no offense meant here BUT that sounds like a bigtime SCAM. To have to go to the dealer to have my tire sensors checked & pay $80 - $100 labor to connect the DRBIII is a rip off.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

u can do it yourself I have seen tire pressure monitors and can program the sensors they run about 700 bucks for the scanner.
There is no scam if u want to be mad at ne one for the way it is set up or having it at all blame the feds it was required on all 07 and up they did not want people to drive around on low tires and cause other people to die from lack of regular maintenance.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 PM

CHRYSLER TECH,
I say again, no offense to you, you are a great asset here and I and many other posters appreciate you. It's just annoying that certain routine maintenance items require $6000 scanners when they should not need them. For instance, if I need a new key fob I have to pay Chrysler 1 hour labor to program it to the car. I've had recent GM cars that the owner could program them without going to the dealer. You and others have given valuable info here and it is much appreciated. Thank you.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

the issue with the keyfob now that most have the ships in them for the built in SKIM anti theft alarm U can not put a new key it it will haft to be programed to the car and only the programed ones will work. Think of it this way no one can take your car unless they have a programed key. If any one could program them what would be the point in having the system any way?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:47 AM

I think only early Pac's tire valves can be reset with a magnet deal. My '04 shows the tire symbol light on the dash, tire dealer says the stem batts are probably run down and has had good with new stems from NAPA for about $50 each but doesn't know if the in car sensor is getting the signal correctly or not before replacing the stems. Need it scanned. The EVIC panel went out also a couple of months ago and need to get it out to see if a elect. tech. can fix it. *BW*

Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM

barbara, all you need to do is to inflate the tire and that message will disappear. The trick is how to look for that tire. The proper tire pressure is displayed on the driver side door. Its on the hinges that lock the door in place. It should tell you the proper psi that your wheels should have.
Make sure all of the tires have the same PSI, follow whats on that door.

As far as resetting the sensor..
There are 2 distinction.. the early made - 03 to Mid 04 and late 04 to present.. again this is made or manufacture date, not MODEL YEAR. Needless to say its the BUILT DATE of the car.

03 to Mid 04 built - the magnet is needed to reset the TPMS
late 04 to present - you dont need the magnet. the sensor sync itself to the main system.

Hope this help...

Old 02-27-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
the issue with the keyfob now that most have the ships in them for the built in SKIM anti theft alarm U can not put a new key it it will haft to be programed to the car and only the programed ones will work. Think of it this way no one can take your car unless they have a programed key. If any one could program them what would be the point in having the system any way?
Chrysler TECH..

NO OFFENSE but this is just WRONG...

OTHER car manufacturer offers this feature for the owner.. NISSAN - INFINITI, Toyota - LEXUS to name a few.. I had a nissan and an infinit before, from years 95 - to 2005 - present
and they all have state-of-art factory alarm - sentry key system (chips) and you dont need the dealer to program it. the first time I went to the dealer to program my key fob, the TECH came out and showed me how to do it.. THIS IS the only car manufacturer that I know of that do this.. IT SUCKS...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:37 PM

Gee, I was able to program both a new fob AND a new sentry key on my 2001 Sebring by myself following the instructions in the owner's manual. If you have one good fob and two good keys, you can do it. Don't lose a key, though.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:40 PM

What is the danger of ignoring the "service tire system soon" message, since my pressure is checked and is O.K. and I don't see anything else wrong except the aggravating "ding, ding" and the message.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:58 PM

To Grampa, there probably isn't any danger as long as all tires are inflated ok. Update on my problem. In Texas my car can still pass the annual inspection with the warning lite on. I recently went to the best repair shop with lots of test equipment and was willing to pay them to scan my car to find out what/where was the problem of my monitoring system . Soon as he saw the DIC was not working he said he couldn't do it. No $$ charge. If I have the DIC removed for repair by a elect. tech., can I still drive the car without it ? It may take a few days for him to work on it. I would like to try the repair method before having to buy a new one. Thanks. *BW*

Quick Reply: Message (service tire system soon)