Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica '04 Coolant Overheating/Front Fans not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 04:11 AM

No power at orange,blue,or violet with AC on and temp gauge over 3/4

code p0480 at check engine light

Old 06-02-2015, 04:16 AM

Code p0480 at check engine light

Old 06-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jknelson718
Ok, checked for power at fuse,good
checked for power at relay, nope
checked for power at fan, nope
ran jumper wire from battery to blue wire at relay both fans run.
PLEASE HELP
This is called process of elimination. start at the fans and check for power and work your way backwards until you find power.

where do the fans get power? relay. no power at relay look for where the relay gets it's power. look at the fuse real close check it with an ohm meter or change it out with a new one. is the fuse hot both sides and if so then it is between the fuse and the relay. pull the fuse out and check witch side is hot then you know the other side goes to the relay. it is not uncommon for a rodent to chew wires. time to go hunting.

Good luck and let us know how ya made out.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
at teh relay unplug it 4 wires
or/rd main power key on will have 12v there all the time
br/vt wire is control power will be 12 volts when the ac is on or engine temp to high see which one you are missing.
Do you know if the orange at the relay rus directly to the fuse box?

Old 04-05-2016, 06:39 AM

I bought a 2005 Pacifica about 6 months ago,..like this vehicle very much. A few days ago I was taking a friend to the airport in Orlando and noticed a small intermittent noise as I pulled into the airport.

Upon exiting airport I pulled off to the roadside and noticed a significant vibration in the fan unit. Subsequently I've determined that one of the 2 fans is defective. With a little over 110K miles I assume I need to replace both fans as a unit with NEW fans.

Two questions...
1) Where might I find the best price, and are there knock-offs i should be aware of?
2) I assume this unit is removed from the top, and it is a relatively easy job?

I'm hoping i don't run into any of the 'electrical problems' noted on this subject thread.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:30 PM
Old 06-03-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by beiland
I bought a 2005 Pacifica about 6 months ago,..like this vehicle very much. A few days ago I was taking a friend to the airport in Orlando and noticed a small intermittent noise as I pulled into the airport.

Upon exiting airport I pulled off to the roadside and noticed a significant vibration in the fan unit. Subsequently I've determined that one of the 2 fans is defective. With a little over 110K miles I assume I need to replace both fans as a unit with NEW fans.

Two questions...
1) Where might I find the best price, and are there knock-offs i should be aware of?
2) I assume this unit is removed from the top, and it is a relatively easy job?

I'm hoping i don't run into any of the 'electrical problems' noted on this subject thread.
I would call autoparts store and ask if you can change just the motor then go from there.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by mrfixit
I would call autoparts store and ask if you can change just the motor then go from there.
Awful long time to reply.

I ended up buying a complete unit online for something like $82 including shipping. I figured it was enough of a problem getting it out and back into the vehicle, that it was NOT worthwhile to just repair the one fan unit and have the other one go bad in a year or 2 considering the miles on the original unit.

Thanks for reply

Old 09-17-2016, 09:28 AM

My Pacifica over heats when I'm idling. Over the course of the summer, it took longer and longer for my AC to cool the car and is no longer cooling. I charged the AC but it still isn't putting out cold air. We replaced the thermostat, fan relay and a coolant temperature sensor. The fuse is fine and there aren't any obvious wiring problems. I noticed in this thread the pcm checks for input from the A/C sensors. Should I start replacing those?

Old 09-25-2016, 12:33 PM

Hello Kim.
The only way to do R134a A/C systems is to evacuate the system and put the exact amount of freon in that is stated on the under hood sticker one ounce more or less can result in the A/C not working properly. now for the overheating. if it only over heats when your sitting still then you have a fan problem. seeing that the A/C doesn't work you need to find out if the fan even works. add 12 to it and it should turn on. if it does then there is a little box down low on the inside of the radiator support it has fins on it most likely bad. diagnosis is 80% repairs are 20%.

Quick Reply: Pacifica '04 Coolant Overheating/Front Fans not working