Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica EVIC

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Default Pacifica EVIC

My EVIC has been out for quite some time now and I'm looking around for answers and came across this site. I'm read alot of posts that have the same problem as me and also found some answers that would work (if I wanted to spend lots of $$$$$).

My question is: If I replaced the entire instrument cluster would that fix my problem? I can find used ones online for reasonable prices.

Thanks for any input.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Default EVIC problems

I know the feeling about the evic not working. Sometime ago I found some mention about soldering a fuse onto the back of it but I can't find that site now. I also wonder if the car can run ok with it disconnected while getting it repaired ? Let me know more. *BW*

Old 01-27-2010, 03:23 PM

Does anybody know if this would work or have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Lightbulb

I found this solution not to long ago. See attachment. I haven't tried it yet but plan to once the weather gets better. The in board fuse has blown because Chrysler put in a 0.5 amp and it should have been a 1.0 amp fuse. It should be a recall item.

I also am having a problem with my temperature display in the console turning off when the heat from the vents gets to hot. This is causing the quick disconnect plug to expand thus just slightly making a disconnection. One day it will likely short out and case a fire and possibly cause injury to me. Another recall item?

Good luck with the EVIC display.

Attached Thumbnails Pacifica EVIC-evic-fix.jpg  
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Default Post Msg.

Thanks Skiddy for the pics. I enlarged the print but can't quite read it. I think I know what to do to the fuse though from the pics. I just need now some basics on how to best remove the cluster and am about ready to tackle the problem and if it works out ok then I can have the tire pressure system scanned to see just which component is in error also. Suprised someone else hasn't replaced the fuse in their Pac by now. Thanks. *BW*

Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Default Cluster Removal

Hi Barbara 2,

Try this, see attachment, 5 attachments in all

Attached Thumbnails Pacifica EVIC-cluster-page-1.jpg   Pacifica EVIC-cluster-page-2.jpg   Pacifica EVIC-cluster-page-3.jpg   Pacifica EVIC-cluster-page-4.jpg   Pacifica EVIC-cluster-page-5.jpg  

Old 04-22-2010, 03:18 PM

I can't see the pictures. Can you email them to me at wereyes@myway.com... I have the same issue and want to fix it.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Default Evic

Originally Posted by william_e_reyes
I can't see the pictures. Can you email them to me at wereyes@myway.com... I have the same issue and want to fix it.

Try this. I think it is still active.

http://www.zshare.net/download/725051981ad8236f/

What kind of vehicle do you have?

Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Skiddy
Try this. I think it is still active.

http://www.zshare.net/download/725051981ad8236f/

What kind of vehicle do you have?
Image isn't there and I can't pull up the images that have been placed on this thread.

Anyone, if possible, email them to me grayring@gmail.com

THanks

Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 PM

I know the feeling about the evic not working.But I bought the manual as suggested.In it there is a statement that says the EVIC is not repairable.The key dance works on the Pacifica.

Quick Reply: Pacifica EVIC