Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica no crank, no start and electrical crazyness

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Default Pacifica no crank, no start and electrical crazyness

This all started 3 weeks ago when my wife called me and said the car wouldnt start. Jumped it, got it home. Tried to start ot again and it had a rapid click. Took in the battery and alternator to autozone and both tested good. So I cleaned the battery terminals a little more(which were both pretty clean to begin with) and it started right up and ran good for 3 weeks. Now were back to the same story,(only worse) my wife calls me and the car wont start. I go jump it and it dies 3 times on the way back home(about every half mile). The lights dimming and randomly flickering the whole way home as it died. Got it home and it died in the driveway. I tried to start it and it clicked rapidly again. Rapid click coming from that relay box under the hood and the cd player and blinkers and pretty much everything randomly turns on and off...EVEN WITH THE KEY OUT OF IGNITION! the only way it stops is if I disconnect the battery... ive been letting my wife use my truck and ive been walking to work while scratching my head over whats wrong with her car. Please help me. I really want to figure this out without taking it to a mechanic. We just cant afford it. Please and thank you for anything

Old 12-07-2016, 07:09 PM

Check this video, it may help. There is a ground wire down behind the front drivers side tire that gets corroded or becomes separated from the eyelet.The work around fix is to add an additional ground wire. Here is the vid.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by rottonj
Check this video, it may help. There is a ground wire down behind the front drivers side tire that gets corroded or becomes separated from the eyelet.The work around fix is to add an additional ground wire. Here is the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-Wlnw5UM8
Ok I put that 4 guage cable on exactly like that. As soon as I connected the cables to the battery, there was a click coming from the fuse box beside the battery. Electrical **** still goes crazy inside the car with the jey out. Still fast click while trying to start. Now the key is stuck in the ignition! Ahhh

Old 02-10-2017, 11:04 PM

This worked for me. 15 mins and a $100.00 part done