Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Strut tower rust issues (please read)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 11:17 AM
Exclamation Strut tower rust issues (please read)

First let me say that everybody on this forum should be well aware that Pacifica's have a tendency for certain rust issues (tailgate's, rocker's, subframe's etc...). Chrysler did offer to replace my subframe for $700. Anyways, I am here to tell you that serious Pacifica rust issues do not end there. I am urging everybody on this forum to check their strut towers. Mine have rotted through where they meet up with the inner fender. I had them welded just to get by, but there are a few people in Ontario who have had them totally collapse. To get a better idea of how bad the rust is, take the front fender's off, and you will see where the metal has rotted. At first glance, the metal may seem intact. Give it a poke with your keys, or whatever you have handy, and you may go right through it without much effort at all. The saving grace is that the lower portions of the strut towers seem to stay intact, so welding a decent piece of metal to the upper portion should get everybody by. Chrysler does not make the parts anymore (dealership couldn't even get them), so just beware that there is no official fix for this issue. Unfortunately, this issue has gone unnoticed for many people, and this rust isn't happening over night. I cannot believe these car's are rusting so badly at their age. I sincerely hope the good people at Chrysler will manufacture a strut tower repair cap for these otherwise wonderful cars. I would love to keep my Pacifica another few years, but the rust may be closing in on my car's lifespan.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:12 PM

check out this add to see what happened to this Pacifica.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:58 PM
Default This is happening to me.

I have a 2007 Pacifica and my strut towers have rusted away from my car. My insurance or gap insurance, will not cover it. I owe $7800 still on my car and was told it would cost more than the car is worth. Anybody have any ideas? I love my pacifica. Thanks