Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

completed thermostat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Default completed thermostat replacement

For those who need to know, and are looking for quick instructions on replacement. I have a 2000jxi v6. Thermostat is weirdly located at the end of the lower radiator hose. Not the traditional top hose. Easy enough to find. Follow the big lower hose to metal elbow with three bolts in it. It is under the air intake tube which I recommend removing. Pop the filter clips, unscrew the tube from the plenum, pull the air hose connected nearby, and unbolt the funky tube that lays horozontally across the top of th engine.

I also disconnected the positive battery cables to allow a pinch more room when shoving the electrical harness out of the way. The third bolt is really hard to get at, but I did it with a socket and short extension. I recommend not getting involved in the wire control box that the harness is connected to, even though moving it looks like it would provide a lot more needed workspace. More experienced mechanics might know how to do this correctly. I do not.

After the three bolts are out, tap the cover and it releases. The thermostat is sitting flush behind it. Mine had an O ring that gets attached to the new thermostat before re-installing. Go backwards for the install.