Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 T & C front blower doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Default 2001 T & C front blower doesn't work

I have a 2001 town and country which the blower motor stopped working on it a little over a month ago. The van has the automated temperature control. The back blower still works, but the front blower won't come on at any speed. I have checked the fuses and I tried replacing the blower relay. I hooked the battery up to the blower directly and it does spin. My final step was to purchase a new temperature control module off of ebay, but the results I have received from replacing the digital display are exactly the same. My next guess is the blower motor resister block. But all the post I have read and info I've received from the Chrysler parts counter says typically the fan will run when the resistor goes out, it just won'toperate onlower speeds. My thought is that rule may only apply to non-automated systems, since the blower speed seems to be more variable on the automated version.

Any suggestions would help, I'm running out of options here.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Default RE: 2001 T & C front blower doesn't work

Update, I finally broke down and purchased a new blower motor resister from the Chrysler dealer. The parts guy agreed that was probably my best bet in fixing the problem. I relaced the resister and still have been getting the same results. Is there anything else in that circuit besides the fuse, relay, blower, resistor, and digital readout that could be bad? My only guess now is wiring, but that seems highly unlikely.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2001 T & C front blower doesn't work

go to the blower relay and tae it up use a jumper wire and jump across pin 30 and 87 then start teh van up see if it will work then if so then u could have a front controller issue or IPM issue.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 AM

I have an 01 Town & Country (with Auto Temp Control) and the front blower doesn't work (rear unit works fine). When I took the resistor out to replace it I notice the 4 prong pigtail looked like it had gotten hot and melted. I drove up to Autozone and tried a new resistor but it still doesn't work. Chrysler tells me the pigtail is not available and I haven't found a salvage yard yet that has that pigtail. I'm guessing this is a common issue with the Auto Temp Control units.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by gball60
I have an 01 Town & Country (with Auto Temp Control) and the front blower doesn't work (rear unit works fine). When I took the resistor out to replace it I notice the 4 prong pigtail looked like it had gotten hot and melted. I drove up to Autozone and tried a new resistor but it still doesn't work. Chrysler tells me the pigtail is not available and I haven't found a salvage yard yet that has that pigtail. I'm guessing this is a common issue with the Auto Temp Control units.
Auto temp systems use a blower controller. Manual systems use a blower resistor block. Just to be clear, this is a picture of a resistor block and it's connector. Not what you have correct?Dodge Caravan Blower Fan Resistor Wire Connector Plug | eBay

Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 PM

Raptor07
You are correct. That is not what I have.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 AM

I have a 2004 Chrysler town and country with Automatic Temperature Control. For the last year the A/C and heater were not working all the time. You would be driving and the A/C would work for different lengths of time then it would stop working and then come on again. Finally the unit stopped blowing all together. I read several post and got advice and was told to change the blower motor resistor. That was easy enough. I followed the directions and took the negative terminal off the battery, replaced the resistor behind the glove box hooked the battery back up and nothing. The unit still does not work on heat or A/C. Could it be the relay switch located in the fuse box? Don't know what to do please help anyone.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by kmcross1972
I have a 2004 Chrysler town and country with Automatic Temperature Control. For the last year the A/C and heater were not working all the time. You would be driving and the A/C would work for different lengths of time then it would stop working and then come on again. Finally the unit stopped blowing all together. I read several post and got advice and was told to change the blower motor resistor. That was easy enough. I followed the directions and took the negative terminal off the battery, replaced the resistor behind the glove box hooked the battery back up and nothing. The unit still does not work on heat or A/C. Could it be the relay switch located in the fuse box? Don't know what to do please help anyone.

Kmcross1972 post is entered three times on this forum on three active threads. Disregard this post. Instead go here: https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...-heater-16697/

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Default Blower not working 01 T&C

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Kmcross1972 post is entered three times on this forum on three active threads. Disregard this post. Instead go here: https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...-heater-16697/
OK, it's not the resistor on the auto temp control system, has anyone found a solution to the blower not working yet? I have the same model with ATC. I have the Chilton with wiring diagrams it that will help a team effort on this blower not working. On mine, the blower lights work on the control, but I just get a more or less constant voltage coming out of the connector to the blower. I haven't accessed the blower yet.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

see what u are missing at the blower motor power or ground

Quick Reply: 2001 T & C front blower doesn't work